Hidden Extras?

Guest wobblyb

Guest wobblyb

Hi, its me,

Now what prompted me to visit and indeed sign me life away to hours of endless droning,,mine not yours,,was my desire to venture onto the Broads for our family hol this year, ( gotta convince hubby first),,,,,,(oops, over use of commas),and on viewing a few million boats to hire and seeing what is included in the cost etc, i wondered are there any hidden extras, or things not mentioned on brochures etc.

I remember me sister going a few years ago and saying how you now had to pay for toilet pump outs , and refilling with water, ( or is that taking on water?) could be something different unless shes not telling me the whole truth?

Now the last time i visited was 1989, and these were free, we paid for moorings unless on a certain boatyard, and that was it?

advice please??

cheers

wobbly

Never having hired I'm not sure about hidden costs but certainly you can cruise all the system without having to pay provided you get parked up early, many staithes have free water but it’s only bus fares even when you are charged. Pump outs are expensive when you think you are actually giving them something.

In all honesty I'm not sure. I seem to remember it being about £10 last time I had to have one but that was some years ago.

You must have one hell of a holding tank Jonzo, either that or you eat a lot of eggs :naughty::naughty:

Wobblyperson, pumpouts are between £8 and £12 (per tank) dependant almost entirely on the avarice of the operator, this is yet another of my hobby horses, we are charged the same as a hire cruiser with a holding tank the size of Wales yet we only have a small tank designed for use in marinas and then be discharged at sea, 80l to be exact.

:norty:

Hi wobbly we hire twice a year with friends and have never paid for a pump out !! If you go back to the yard you hire from they do it for free !! Not that you need to have one when on broads for 1 week !! Never paid for water and pay on occasions for moorings but it is not always the case !! We always take diver insurance for the propellor, it is not cheap hiring a boat BUT is either that or dont go and I am afraid we love it that much we pay !! You have to pay to take dogs on board though !! dont mind doing that either our Boxer loves it !! Tell OH he doesnt know what he is missing, one of my biggest regrets is not doing it earlier when my son and daughter where young !! We are making sure our 2 year old grandaughter doesnt miss out though she is coming this Easter for the 1st time !!

Guest wobblyb

hi,,, i want to go, i have wonderful memories of gettin stuck at horsey,,,, and father hanging over the end ( aft?) trying to clear weed from the prop,,,,, he coudnt swim either,,,,,,andyway

id love me boys to experience it,,,,its just the hidden extras that come with it,, i like to know exactly what im gettin for me money, or not,

prop ins is about £30??/ pets £30. i dont want to revisit me boat yard untill the end of the hol,,,, so its over the side!!! :o

No hidden extras !! Well if there is we have not found them, ooh ! you have to pay for parking at some yards !! Yes around £35 for the dog for the week, for the week at Easter the diving insurance is included so what that is I dont know.. but we have never taken the risk !! We have used quite a few yards over the time.. easter we are going from Faircraft Lloynes at Wroxham, we went from there sister company last October at Potter Heigham, I dont think we will go from them again, even though they are the same company you dont get the same service... you can get a better service from the smaller yards sometime, we have been going now for over 10 years.. they are getting to know us now !! We seem to alternate with northern and southern broads, Easter one end and then October the other !! Last Easter we went from Swan Craft at Brundall, fantastic yard !! We are back there in October on Swan Regal ! I am afraid we have worked ourselves up to the bigger newer boats now, we started at Loddon on a Sun Break when Aston Boats where there, old boats but very clean and looked after ! Even had a boat from Ludham Marine a couple of times when.. cannot think of his name was there ! Anyway enough rattle !! Book it !!

Guest wobblyb

our family hol was from ludham,,,,,,, a blakes yard me thinks, i can even remember the name of the boat we hired,,,,,New Impala,,,,,,, it was 1976,,,,,,,,, the heatwave year,,,,,

right come on then, reccomendations please,,,,ill go and do a new thread

Very nice Dawn craft

Wendy what type of boat are you after and how meny people how meny singles how meny doubles iam shure people might be able to find some boats that may take your fancy depends if your going this year or next and what date your wanting to start your holiday.

There are meny boats to chose from and a few different yards hire prices tend to very on the yard of choice but mostly very competitive :Stinky

Guest wobblyb

right o, here is me criteria;

2 adults, 2 kids 1 little dog.

need 2 bedrooms for definate,,, one double, or 2 singles,,,,,( cos i like me own space,) and 2 singles but the kids will share a double ,,,,,,cos i say

from the top end of the broads,,,, so many litte villages to see there, so im thinkin ludham area again?? up that end of the broads,,, start date about 26th july?

come on,boys..........sort me out

cheers

New Impala !! well i never that is the one we had from Ludham around 9 years ago !! cannot remember the name of the other one though !! Fair prince from wroxham was one of our favourite boats when we 1 st started, it has a lovely big well area at the back and patio doors !!