Mooring Warps

As spring is almost upon us :liar it is time to treat Kiki to some new mooring warps.

The old ones are over two years old and showing signs of scuff and wear. Although warps might seem a last thought for renewal they are the only thing that keep our pride and joy safely secured. I hate to think of the cost of damage to my and other people ships if the string failed. A 'happeth of tar' springs to mind.

Anyway onto the question.

What material do the panel recommend, Nylon, Polyester or one of the other options,

Views sought and appreciated

Bit of old bailer twine will do nicely Perry, or possibly a nice bit of slippery polypropylene (must be orange so you can see it at 06:00 on a dark winter morning), that seems to be the traditional thing so it must be OK :naughty:

(must be orange so you can see it at 06:00 on a dark winter morning), that seems to be the traditional thing so it must be OK

:norty::norty: It was Blue and the chap on the said craft said "the knots just slipped" I think it was on a North Sea Trawler in its previous life :o

13mm soft polyester, nice handle decent ****** stretch and available in a range of attractive colours. If you really fancy an easy life Jeckles do a nice line of pre spliced ones to your choice of length or pre splice from good old Jimmy Green.

:-D PKS your in luck, Just been looking at new ropes for my boat! so far this place has been the cheapest,,,

http://www.marinesuperstore.com I also found this if it's of any help,,,

Line diameter ready reckoner

Boat length in meters

7.5---- 9.0---- 10.5---- 12.5---- 16.0---- 20.0

Rope diameter in mm

12mm 14mm -16mm --18mm - 20mm - 24mm

Diameters given as an indication only and for sheltered waters and calm weather

Thanks all for the advice and information.

I had not seen Mowjo, Ian's or Pete's reply's until this morning but had found last night the one Pete mentioned and ordered some from there.

Excellent selection at a very competitive price.

Thanks again

I bought some from UK yacht Rigging supplies, Good quality and price with a really good delivery service.

:dance I've had a few dealings with Stuart from UK Y.R and can't fault his prices or service, I'd certainly recommend him, he's even send stuff out to me before I've paid for it, my only problem was he dosn't do the rope I want in the lengths or diameters I need,,, :-D