Just ordered a MaxFlow Combo Kit

No Problems at all, if its useless ill say so, Full review and Pictures will follow :) After i receive it.

There's so many Owners with Petrol craft on the Northern Rivers and No Riverside petrol Pumps, These things are a must.

As there's nothing worse than smelling of Petrol after a unsuccessful usage of a Jerry can and spout ;)

Petrol and Lawn mowing go hand in hand but not Petrol and boating :?

:-D And to think I thought I had progressed, I gave up with the jerrycan and spout, not easy trying to get the spout in the fuel hole when the boat is bobbing about, went up-market and bought non return siphon tube for the jerrycan, but you still end up stinking of petrol when handling the tube,,, :-D

cheers for posting it up Brian, I was nattering with David recently about these sort of gizmos after Ferry stopped selling petrol.

I'm with Mowjo on the stinky petrol bit after spending the first part of every recent visit to the boat filling the tanks. I know hindsight is terrific, but if I'd known about the fuel situation, I'd never have let her get so low. Trying to fill up a 50 gallon tank four cans a visit takes for ever and a day. To make things worse, our newish steel jerry can won't seal properly so after filling up at the Shell garage in Wroxham, all you have to do is drive over the bridge and there's petrol everywhere :(

Jim! at least mine is only a 15 gallon tank, I fill up at that Shell garage I don't trust or like Tesco's own, my boat definatly runs better on shell, my new Jerry leaks and stinks the car out, my Wifes face is a picture when I stick a Ciggie in my mouth and pretend I'm going to light up in the car with all those fumes, sheer panic comes to mind, but it's good fun driving back to Broadsedge with her and the dog hanging out the window because of the smell,, :dance

I would place very little reliance on this rumour at this stage but I do understand that a consortium of yards in Wroxham are LOOKING at the possibility of supplying petrol.

My guess is that this may well fail because of economics but at least someone is trying. I suppose if you look at this in the cold light of day it is never going to be economic. Even if you put a premium of 20p per litre but according to Ferry the real problem was that no one wanted to do the job! I suppose a 20000 litre tank is good business whereas a 2000 litre tank is not worth getting out of bed for!!

If I hear anymore I will let you know but please don't shoot me if it does not happen two guns

Thanks for the info Marshman, i do hope a yard sells Petrol In wroxham i really do,

Well it snowed today ! so didnt venture out. I had a rathe massive DVD to make for a Friend, it was Her 40th and spent 12 hours on it, BBC eat your heart out :dance

Anyway, Ill check it out shortly for sure,

OK a quick test this afternoon, but didn't have much time :(

Leisure and work don't go together :(

I needed to re fuel the boat ready for it early morning trip to HMC at Horning to have its camper cover measured up.

The nozzle and hose feel plastic and cheap, i would only expect it to last a few years, which isn't good.

The hose is hasn't a large enough bore, so it takes AGES to transfer just 1 gallon from the 5 gallon can, in fact i had to leave it for the morning as it was taking too long and i had Marcus in the van :( watching through the window.

Its also not as neat as i thought, still stunk of petrol :(

SO my marks out of 10

6 / 10 needs a larger diameter hose to make fuel transfer faster, needs to have a few metal parts, everything is plastic.

At £36 just for the hose and hand trigger its a bit overpriced, i would expect to see it for sale on a market stall for £15.00

Not very impressed, but it does the job.

Brian couldn't you just get a cheap pump that is powered by a drill get two peaces of hose attach both end of the pump get a big plastic barrel IE 25lts and get two screw top lids one for when in the car and no spillage and the second one make a hole in the top large enough for the hose and long enough to reach the bottom of the barrel and if there is a gap in the lid a bit of silicone around the edge should work a treat.

thats the good thing of having two screw on caps a quick change and no smell of petrol while pumping. i would ring them up and ask for a full refund if its not working as well as you hoped

not if you all ready have a drill Brian or

maybe some sort of two way pump knocking around in that shed of yours maybe a change of seals on the pump might just work

lucky with White Lady as the fuel cap is in the perfect place and angle to fill with a jerry can and spout so you dont get any spillage but have invested in one of thos syphon tubes with the one way valve in just in case there was ever a need to add fuel on the move.

Senator! thats just what I use, simple and effective and worth it's weight in gold, the only problem I have with it is when it's cold the tube goes as stiff as hell, so I'm trying to find something a bit more flexible to use, I got mine in Halfords for about £5.00 takes less than 5 minutes to empty my 25ltr Jerrycan,,, :wave