Trev and Bob,s boating blog in pictures

diesel falcon

The weather was fantastic , and pretty soon a cold beer was in order....Bob thought it was a good idea to buy some of that 13volt wine.....Jeff  and meshell thought so too ,and got comfy on thier boat with sixties music playing(Jeff is 67 ish and loves it) we just went :ph34r:  :naughty:  :naughty: . Seriously we had a relaxed afternoon and saw Adam come back from the meet at rnsyc. her,s some general shots from sat/sun.

raggy.jpg

andorra.jpg

bankholidaymay117.jpg

bankholidaymay103.jpg

We went out for a few drinks round the pubs they were all jammed!!

tommorow......power boat racing!!!

SUNDAY AFTERNOON.....Powerboat racing!!

To go powerboat racing, light an airport you need to control the birds..........

shooooooooooooo.

shooooooooo.jpg

The guy is shaking a tub full of pebles....a gun would have worked better :naughty:  :naughty:

You also need a pint..............................

pintsir.jpg

closeracing.jpg

no63.jpg

no14.jpg

no51.jpg

no6.jpg

no69.jpg

Hang on .....does he want to join in??

smithy.jpg

t2.jpg

We hung around waiting for the racing to finish, and a familiar boat came thoughthe lock and moored up.......

no59.jpg

oh sorry i meant this one :naughty:

col.jpg

On the way home there was more water sports.........

skiers.jpg

We had a lovely evening cruise home in brilliant sunshine .....wayhome1.jpg

That,s the end of the blog for the weekend we had a great time ,thanks for the kind comments, hope you enjoyed!!

PS. powerboat racing was monday afternoon not sunday!!! doh

Hi,

hears an update to the blog, we took a few days off before the bank holiday, we left our marina on Wednesday, heading for Braydon when we saw Spirit of Braydon approaching heading for St Olaves, after about 10mins i caught something approach ing from the rear....fast,sure enough it was Spirit of Braydon,who had had a shout for a cruiser stuck on Bratdon i believe,He slowed to pass us but we waved him through, she certainly goes! I know people have differing views on the boat,but this is not a BA bashing update, please feel free to copy a picture and start a separate debate on a new thread if you wish.

bankholidaymay002.jpg

bankholidaymay004.jpg

bankholidaymay007.jpg

bankholidaymay006.jpg

We cruised upto Langley Dyke, but they were digging the ditches out,,,,,swamp gas couldn,t describe the stench!!.

we opted to spend the night at Rockland straithe and had a meal on board and a few drinks ,we were the only boat there....very peaceful and relaxing.

Thursdays update tommorow night.....

Trev, Hi

Just read an article in the EDP where it says that the BA will spend money on improving/renovating moorings rather than dredging.... then goes on  to say that over-speeding boats cause so much bank erosion and subsequent increased silting......

What was the Breydon boat doing at St Olaves??? Can't the normal launch operate there anymore?

This new boat was bought to patrol Breydon, or so I thought, so why was it so far away that it needed to exceed any sensible speed limits that everyone else has to observe?

Hi, John,

i don,t think the old patrol boat,s in service or was nt, it was moored at Goodchilds at the week end.Can,t comment on reallly because i don,t know,does seem over the top having her that far away and expecting her to get back at full chat though,l

Sorry Hylander, i missed your last post,the camera is new to me as my old nikon 200 got dropped onto a stone floor which cracked it,s body, the insurance company replaced it with a upto date replacement,

it,s a nikon d7000 ,and the camera was used in raw mode set on auto ,and the stock 18 to 105 mmm dx vr lens for all the photo,s in this blog(except the one,s Bob took) and tweecked in nikon nx2 to process the raw images, the auto focus did struggle with the power boats as they were coming straight at me but apart from that i am very pleased with it.

I am very interested in photography and will have a look at the Nikon d7000.       Having been reared on the 'stop' system where you set your lens yourself I find the automatics take a great deal of the hassle and make it a lot easier.   I am going back a few years when I say this.  I have had one of these digital cameras for some time now.   Is the Nikon d7000 a reflex lens camera?

Failed a drop test!! :cry

Any how have been asked to post another picture of the boat racing.........Duck!!! no it,s a seagul!

DSCN0548.jpg

love it, taken by Bob

Is this for Real ?? Not a Photoshop ? ITs just ................... all Happening at once !!