• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I reckon this is Dylan's finest yet but it is our home stomping ground so perhaps I am biased.

The production is excellent and shows Harwich, Felixstowe, and The Stour. At one of our favourite summer anchorages Wrabness one of our club members can be seen taking it easy at 11.49 :wave

http://www.youtube.com/user/KeepTurningLeft#p/c/38685E27E80D3CE3/25/uSxJgw5rwoM

mmm don't know why that won't embed?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Stupidity like that reminds me about a tale i heard a couple of years or so ago. A chap bought a large exspensive cabin cruiser somewhere near Southampton, and wanted to take it to one of the South coast harbours where he wanted to moor it. He and his crew had to be rescued when they ran aground in a very dangerous area, and when asked if he`d been using at an up to date chart, he replied "yes, it`s Collins latest edition", and produced a Collins ROAD ATLAS of the UK. It`s no wonder the health and safety gestapo want everybody to have to do a course to get a liscence before they can get a boat. Regardsto all ............. Neil.

He based his premise on Keep Turning Right :roll:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... coast.html

Clearly did not realise that his next turn right was the Swale which would lead him back whence he came...... At low tide you will run aground around Elmly and that appears what happened 2.gif

Looks like he was brought in at Queenborough ATL.

Good job he did not take his first right otherwise he would have been in Stangate Creek.

Really should not be allowed out without a carer - He could drive to Southampon by car on a tank of fuel so thought he could do it in a boat 1.gif

I've never been to Sheppey ... but surely after 36 hours of going round and round it, there must have been some familiar landmarks which he would have passed a few times! :o

Coastguard Ian Goodwin said: 'We passed on relevant safety advice and advised him that the best way to Southampton would be by train"

:lol::lol::lol:

Carol

Poor old Mr Darwin, he comes up with a perfectly workable theory of natural selection for the advancement of mankind and we mess it up by saving people from themselves and dropping them back in the gene pool. I guess that will need to be factored in to the theory now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 11 months later...