Kayaking the creeks of the north Norfolk coast

I acquired a kayak last summer, which I've used on some of the Broads rivers when conditions haven't been right for sailing.  I'm tempted now to have a paddle in the creeks around the Blakeney/Morston area, which are a little closer to home for me.  However, I've got no experience of those waters.  Anybody done it/got advice?

Yeah, I'm conscious of the tides and the risks.  I'm not planning to go out to sea, or as far as the seals.  I was thinking more of heading down the creek from Morston and turning right to paddle round to Blakeney or even Cley - staying comfortably behind the spit, and close to the shore.  What I'm wondering about is the best time (relative to the tides) to set off.  I was thinking that if I went before high tide, I'd then have the benefit of the tide bringing me back in, but was wondering if that made sense to others, and if so, how long before high tide it would be sensible to set out.