Sign in to follow this  
Mowjo

Propellors

Anyone know how to work out propellor sizes, My Freeman was built for the Thames so it's a bit over propped for the Broads even though it's spent the last twenty years on them, my problem is that even on tickover the slowest I can get it to go is around 3mph, so when I get to places like Ludham I end up having to go round in circles, or take it out of gear then I have no control over where it goes, got minds of their own Freemans, I presume a smaller prop would solve it even though I'd use a bit more fuel, but I can't work out should I get a smaller prop or would it cure it if it was the same size with a different pitch,,unfortunatly I have no idea what size prop is on her as I havn't had her out of the water yet,,, cheers

Thanks Both! must admit Paul the extra bit of power has got me out of trouble a couple of times, think I'll take your advice and leave it alone, at least I know it's not just my Freeman over propped, trouble is my engine dosn't seem to like running on low revs, coughs and sputters, guess that could just mean it needs a proper tune up, just need to find someone good to do it,,,