East Coast Diary

Well what a weekend that was.

The weather for East Coast boating has been truly miserable in general during July but weekends like this stick in the memory and carry you through the poor weather.

Our weekend consisted of our usual drive to the boat on Friday night, now less than three hours in comparison with almost four to Burgh Castle. A run round to Wrabness on Saturday, picked up a couple of buoys (ooh er Matron) took the tenders to the beach and had a BBQ and some liquid refreshment. Watched a beautiful sunset, tenders back to the boat where Rachel & Tina had a very odd drink, and spent a peaceful night moored on the buoys.

A couple of looks in the night to check the depth under the boats at LW, a very misty start in the early hours but the mist was soon burned off by the sun to reveal a scorcher. PM we watched the sea display for Harwich Sea Festival.

It was a long time coming but lets hope for some more like this one before the year is out.

post-79-136713412154_thumb.jpg

post-79-136713412163_thumb.jpg

post-79-136713412169_thumb.jpg

post-79-136713412174_thumb.jpg

post-79-136713412179_thumb.jpg

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perry, certainly a different way of cruising :-D

Looks lovely down there.

Now more to the point - what was in the drinks AND would my Brandy look as good in one of them? cheersbar

Thanks Paul,

I downloaded the photos last night at home and posted them, they were OK but on my laptop on 'the move today' they look a bit washed out - better check my laptop settings!

Your Brandy would look great in one of those and those charged with filling your glass would always be sure where to find you after dark cheers

Not sure where Rachel got the glasses I have never seen anything like them.

It was indeed a most memorable weekend, we tend to get so few like it mores’ the pity and it came t just the right time for me, did me a power of good. Now we've had time to settle in it has been a surprise to me the number of places there are of a similar nature within under an hours cruise from Shotley, add another hour or two and the list expands to some even nicer (if that could be) ones.

Thanks for the pictures Perry, fantastic stuff. Looks like you were certainly blessed with the weather as well! Also my observant eye noticed that you were drinking what looked like Tanglefoot, I always say, if you are going to drink canned beer, make it a decent one!

cheersbar

:oops::oops::oops:

Yes Howard your observant eye was correct.

I normally only have bottled ales in the bonded locker but did purchase some cans of Tanglefoot as they would lighter to ferry across in the tender than bottles. David & Rachel had bought some when we were on holiday I was surprised that it was not bad at all - for cans.

We did make up for it on Sunday with some pints of Chris Evans ;)

I'm sorry Perry but your pics make me want to :cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry:cry

First Ian goes and gets the deal of the century and now you and David are off doing the kind of boating of which I dream and rubbing it in my face. :(

Seriously though, I love the pics so please continue to keep us up to date with what you're up to and post some more of your top quality pics - even if they do make me turn various shades of green.

I should add that the pics of Seajay are sickening. Do you think they'd swap? :roll:

It has to be said that we did have a small group of admirers come aboard Silver Dream on Sunday. They'd passed us at speed on another boat at sea and thought she looked fab so they came round and had a look when we were back in the marina. They were just as impressed by the inside as the outside too. It's just a pity they don't have more money!

I should add that the pics of Seajay are sickening

It is a tidy ship Simon but then so is yours. It just shows what is possible as this has been to the Channel Islands, Holland and along the south coast in recent years.

Sorry if the pictures made you Green, they were just posted for interest :oops: they look a bit odd I don't know what has gone on when I uploaded but hopefully it gives an idea of the area.

Hi Rod

Would have been happy to give you a lift from Halfpenny Pier it looked pretty busy across there, Felixstowe Ferry looked to be doing a good trade.

Thanks for the background on St Nick I was quite surprised that while chasing the Water Skiers they were using their horn (which was for the boat quite disappointing) and when that appeared not to work resorted to shouting - surprised there was no hailer. As always Rod I am always interested in your 'work' tales.

This was also interesting

http://www.harwichhavenshipsandyachts.c ... 240d48a64c

We will be down this weekend, where we get to will depend on the weather but if you ever fancy a pint The Shipwreck has circa 6 guest real ales on at a time with a good turnover of new ones to try. It keeps us happy :naughty:cheersbar

Hi Boycee,

Just to report that Rod & Shirley did make it and a most convivial and cordial evening was had by all. Unfortunately The Shipwreck was wall to wall Adnams but the Explorer seemed to go down well cheersbar

It was however a very 'steady' evening :o

Nice to see you Rod & Shirley and thanks for popping in to see us.

Never in doubt Perry-he is a home banker where beer is concerned but in fairness him & Shirl are great company.He did ring me just after I sent you the post & said he would be there as he felt he needed to replenish his alchol levels

cheerscheersbar

Alan

:band

I’m very pleased to see these valiant and heroic efforts to support our local brewing heritage

Its a tough job but we do it out of a sense of duty to keep the wheels of the local brewing industry turning ;)

The Shipwreck normally has 5-6 guest Real Ales but we heard a rumour that it may turn over fully to Adnams on real ales, can't find yet whether that is the case. While Adnams do some fine ales I do like to give the taste buds a change and try a revolving range of real ales. The argument against this goes if you find one you really like it will be gone the next time you visit. My answer would be 'make hay while the sun shines' :bowcheersbar

Now Rod you know if I described in graphic detail what real ale does to your"constitution"(Wouldn,t really call it that but still)-I,d probablly get a life ban from the moderators-suffice to say you could empty Wembley stadium faster than an England defeat with one of your "SPECIALS"

cheers mate cheersbar

Alan

:band