East Coast Diary

• Replies 549
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Perry

looks like you all had a good weekend give my best wishes to Tina hope shes doing well :wave

those shots of the sunset stunning the colors realy stand out in the 3rd and 4th sunset shot.

did you both get to open up KiKi & Kingfisher :-D :-D

Jonny

Hi Jonny,

Thanks for comments and wishes for Tina.

She will have her second round of Chemotherapy tomorrow. The excellent weekend was just the tonic needed to lift the spirits; indeed we almost forgot what was lurking in the background.

No chance to 'open up' Kingfisher or Kiki on the way back due to the fog but we did manage to spin the turbo's just enough on the way down to clear those 'spiders' :naughty:

You sound to be 'spinning' your current prop up Jonny somaybe getting there :naughty

Ahh Perry from the sounds of it you haven't read my update on what we have found out about Curlew her prop size is inadequate :o:o:o

check out David's domain tech Q & A

Jonny

• 1 month later...

A great weekend for this time of year.

Saturday saw David reinstalling his Webo after an overhaul but diagnosing later on in the afternoon that the exhaust stub had broken just on the boat side of the skin fitting. With fading light and no real way I could see of getting the skin fitting off the hull without damaging it David came up with a flash of brilliance with a laterally thought solution - very impressive. Just as well as it was starting to drop down very cool.

In the evening we went to the Shotley Point Yacht Club Christmas Party they are a great bunch - for Yotties ;) we were accompanied Ian & Liz (Palmtree) as the close protection squad for the crews of Kingfisher & Kiki. A very cordial evening was enjoyed by all including some silly Christmas games to round the evening off.

Today saw all six of us taking advantage of a glorious morning albeit it was very icy to start. Kingfisher & Kiki had a run up to Wrabness to blow a few spiders from the engines, this included the Skipper of Tamara proving that he knows only two positions on a Motor Boat throttle full stop or full ahead :Stinky

the Skipper of Tamara proving that he knows only two positions on a Motor Boat throttle full stop or full ahead :Stinky

Well you do not trim a sail for half power, and what is this full stop setting?

Thanks all for a very good evening and trip out, we both enjoyed it very much.

Ian ( :Sailing 16 weeks time)

Meanwhile, :Stinky:naughty:

• 4 weeks later...

In the words of Jill .......... Wey Hey :clap

After seeing the consulatnt this afternoon he has given the first mate clearance to go to the boat for a few days.

A real bonus after a pretty miserable Christmas for her.

Added bonus is that the automatic Webo system (well David - Antares) is sticking the Webo on tonight to get the ship warmed through.

The Shipwreck here we come ice slice

As I won't be able to say it tommorow a very Happy New Year to all forum members cheersbar

Thanks to all for their New Year wishes - I hope you had a good one.

We left early on New Years eve and arrived to find our ship opened, de covered, aired and warm - thanks David much appreciated.

We enjoyed a very civilised New Years eve in The Shipwreck dodging Gansters & Molls :o a nice meal and some bubbly - well quite a bit actually ice slice

The Harwich fireworks overseen by the RNLI were spectacular lasting almost 20 minutes. I wanted to go out and take some photo's but we were locked in The Shipwreck :lol:

post-79-136713471799_thumb.jpg

We met with our own site Pilot on Friday evening - very good to see you both Rod & Shirley.

Venue was the Butt & Oyster at Pin Mill

One of the highly rated Deben Inns establishments, it lived up to its reputation with Wherry on that just had to be tried. My own opinion of it was that it was very good but you might have to ask those that took a little more than me to decide :lol:

http://www.debeninns.co.uk/buttandoyster/ambience.html

As many will know Pin Mill was the home of Arthur Ransome and his boat the 'Nancy Blackett'

post-79-136713472082_thumb.jpg