• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

You can Sign up or log in with your Facebook account and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Broadsfreak

old photographs

Has anyone got any photographs of Wroxham / Hoveton in the early 70's they would be willing to post ? so many changes since then, around the time Earnest Collins' / Jack Powles boatyards were on the go and Broadstours boats went from somewhere near whats now the public staithe ? Lovely place.:)

Hi Broadsfreak

I have only just found this thread, better late than never.

The only photos I have of Wroxham I think are these three. The first taken from the Hotel Wroxham front looking at the J T Lloynes building sheds, what is now the peninsular houses.

The second is twenty years earlier 1964 again J T Lloynes & sons sheds, what is now the Faircraft loynes complex with Loch Loyal in the foreground and finally obviously the bridge with the old fruit & veg shop on the approach.

Regards Barry

post-133-136713428108_thumb.jpg

post-133-136713428376_thumb.jpg

post-133-13671342838_thumb.jpg

I love old pics of the broads on makes me wish i was born earlier :-D

It was lovely in the early 70's, lot more basic, but the boat traffic as I remember was bloody murder !

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.