Sign in to follow this  
Jonzo

golf courses

Depends what kind of level you're after I guess... I'm assuming you'll be on a boat?

There are quite a lot, but of the top of my head here goes...

There's Caldecott Hall at Fritton - Not too far from St Olaves (definitely a taxi ride, but not that far) - There is a proper 18 hole course and an 18 hole par 3 course, which is quite reasonable and only about £10 for non-members. Not sure if they have rental clubs though.

In Norwich there's Bawburgh, Sprowston Manor, Dunston Hall and many others and of course the Council Pitch and Putt courses at Eaton Park and Mousehold Heath. The mousehold course is much better (reasonable length, and quite challenging in places) than your average pitch and putt and is probably 20 minutes walk from Norwich Yacht Station or rather less by taxi. Clubs are available too for a small deposit.

We used to park our touring caravan on a very nice one not far from Burgh Castle at Belton, it had a nice large old manor house for a club and at the time, (about 2002) was being totally refurbished. It was open to non members and both Bill and I had a free trial lesson at the time, from very friendly and helpful staff :)

Sorry i dont remember anymore details, except it was a left hand turn along the St olaves road coming from Gt yarmouth, into a country lane just before the signs for Burgh castle, and again left after about 200 yds into the golf course :)

Julz :wave

I would imagine that sitting on a spike for a day would be preferable to a game of golf. :lol:

Guest princess tina   
Guest princess tina

oy gandalf i gone up in the world need the expensive shops now adays like next

Hairy jumpers with diamond patterns and hats wth Ping or Titleist on the front just aren't my scene at all, but if we were all the same it would be a bit sad I suppose. :)

Guest pipewelder   
Guest pipewelder

heh,

now we have a bigger car i intend on taking my clubs up next year that gives me 10 months to figure out how to tell "herself!"

les.........

Golf courses, if they have not lived in this area. Today, people are more complex if course offers regular tournaments. If you want to join those who can affect where you travel. You can go online and register to receive alerts about upcoming tournaments. Then you can plan your trip in advance to attend. You can also find the rules and prices of different tournaments before committing to join them.

We used to park our touring caravan on a very nice one not far from Burgh Castle at Belton, it had a nice large old manor house for a club and at the time, (about 2002) was being totally refurbished. It was open to non members and both Bill and I had a free trial lesson at the time, from very friendly and helpful staff :)

Sorry i dont remember anymore details, except it was a left hand turn along the St olaves road coming from Gt yarmouth, into a country lane just before the signs for Burgh castle, and again left after about 200 yds into the golf course :)

Julz :wave

I Think this one is Browston Hall, has a par 3 course, driving range and very good carvery. Caldecott Hall is £12 for 18 holes on the par 3, played there last week, nice condition.