Sign in to follow this  
Guest Brucec

Awards Photographer.

Pete, I would love to volunteer, but unfortunately I can't make it to the awards :oops: . I'm sure one or more of the others will be along soon to volunteer ...

Bruce

My post has gone from yesterday !

I was saying that I would be willing to attend but at the moment I am expecting to be on the Broads that weekend with some friends, thats why I have not put my name forward for the trip.

If, how ever a change of plans come about then I will be attending and with the camera in hand too.

It may be at short notice but do not want to let anyone down by sayin I will be there and not.

I'm getting confused about what's what! There is something happening on the Southern Comfort which I was sure was awards related. Whatever it is, I have bought my tickets so I'll be there - at that, whatever it is! But I think that's just the cruise after the actual presentation of the awards?

I don't think it would be fair to Paul if he did the photography. It's his living, after all, bit like asking a taxi driver to give people free lifts! I would volunteer but I am not sure I have the right equipment to do a good job. Maybe Mark's the man?

Hi Pete,

Have seen from other threads that you have some experienced photograpers which are members so if any are willing to do photos for the awards then please choose them :-D

If however there are no other volunteers then Sandy & I are quite willing to give it a go I have just purchased a second hand digital SLR Sandy is a dab hand with her shoot & go cheers:Stinky

Pete I dont think you need worry about piccies , I'm sure there are enough people with cameras and Simon what's all this about 'not the right equipment' :naughty: I can loan you a box brownie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I shall be there with my stuff but I probably have a destructive reputation by now but maybe I shall take my memory card straight out afterwards and give it to Paul or Simon if they are there !!

Colin

Probably it is better to have more than one (unless Paul is there) because it that provides backup in case of some unforeseen problems. My comment about lacking the right equipment was that I do not have a separate flash. I think it will be fairly dark and difficult lighting and all I have is a weedy onboard flash for my SLR. If I had a proper flash unit I would not be so worried but I don't.

I may, however, be able to nab the Canon SLR I use at work and that does have a proper flash unit to go with it. Unfortunately I won't know if I can or can't until a day or two before. I'd feel much better if someone was there shooting with me, just in case!

Hi Guys and Galls

I am hoping to be able to attend the ceremeony and the evening trip, if I can convince my parents they really do want to spend the night with us on the boat in order to dog/child sit for us!!!

Assuming we can attend, I will be happy to be "official" photographer (where is the tongue in cheek smiley when you want it). Can't promise anything special as I am not really into flash photography, but I'm sure we can get something to record the momentous occasion :-D

My only problem is going to be a mooring, as we will need to be village side so my parents can get off with the dogie for an evening meal in a pub (dinghie from Perci's Island isn't really an option with the mutt and Mums arthritis). I might try to prebook a space at either the New inn or the Swan.

Sounds like a plan Sue!

We'll be coming up from Womack on Saturday morning, so we'll probably be in Horning around 2:00pm ish. Lets sort something out a little nearer the time so we know we can all get tied up! :wave

I have managed to secure the Canon SLR from work for that weekend which means I can benefit from using a camera with a nice separate flash unit, though I confess I am starting to give consideration to buying my own unit.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.