Sign in to follow this  
Guest lordofsealand

Web cam live from Masai Mara

Oh my eyes! Clicked on the link Paul and found webcams 1, 3 & 4 to devoid of movement. Webcam 2 however we showing a closeup of a baboon's backside (which it was scratching and shaking at the camera)!

It's too early in the morning to see things like that! :o

As it is live, keep watching as I,m sure it does get more interesting ! :naughty:

The split screen does take a few seconds to "turn on" as there certainly is a lot of bandwidth being transmitted.

Well worth the watch if you like nature as nature intended.

Thanks Paul,

I went about 15 years ago to the Masai for 4 days as a stopover.

Living in Tents etc, it still rates as probabaly the best land based holidays I have ever had. It was also the first time I had used Fuji Provia Slide Film - I was amazed at the quality I had achieved out there, this was before the days of digital.

If I had a means of digitising the slides I would post some :cry:cry

I spent 2 weeks in Kenya on holiday as a teenager; a week in Mombasa and one on safari, including a few days on the Masai Mara. I was armed with an old (entirely manual) Olympus SLR (with screw fit lenses) - it even had a separate light meter. I had a 135mm prime with a 2x converter on most of the time but I had no photographic experience and really didn't have a clue how to use the equipment. Needless to say, despite running through a good many films the results were largely poor.

My dad had a similar camera and insisted on using slide film. As a result most of his pictures have never seen the light of day - quite literally. A jumble of poor quality pictures of mine, completely out of order, did eventually make it into an album when my mum got fed up with waiting for something to be done. The negatives got stuffed into a box and have never been seen again so we have little or nothing to show for what was probably the best photographic holiday I have ever been on. For several years now I have had a really good Minolta negative / positive scanner but we've never been able to find the negatives or slides again.

thanks for the link Paul this is amazing man

I spent 2 weeks in Kenya on holiday as a teenager; a week in Mombasa and one on safari, including a few days on the Masai Mara.

I went about 15 years ago to the Masai for 4 days as a stopover.

you lot don't half get about don't you :o:o

Live Elephants can't beat it cheers

you lot don't half get about don't you :o:o

We do try. Quite fancy going somewhere new next year but haven't quite decided where yet.

We do try. Quite fancy going somewhere new next year but haven't quite decided where yet.

I would like to visit Vancouver by boat of course don't like the other mode of transport :baby

I would like to visit Vancouver by boat of course don't like the other mode of transport :baby

Jonny, I'm probably misreading you - but it looks as though you're planning to go to Canada on Curlew :o

Jonny, I'm probably misreading you - but it looks as though you're planning to go to Canada on Curlew :o

man i would love to do that :-D

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.