No Duty On Self Made Bio Diesel

Count me in on a mini plant Perry, ive been looking at this lately as we get through about 50 Gallons a week between us on diesel,

I think that many companies are looking at a Bio Plant.

I had a fantastic link to make and purchase the rape seed etc in bulk and make it yourself, ill see if i can find it.........

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/briefs/excise-duty/brief4307.htm

I have seen various figures given by engine manufacturers as to the addition rate of Bio Diesel to normal.

I can see a mini plant being an option for a group or boating club as long as it is below 2,500 litres.

here we go, found it in the end

http://www.vegetableoildiesel.co.uk/forum/

And here you can buy the Kits to Convert your Engine to run on Pure Vegy Oil bought from Makro for about 50p a Litre.

http://www.elsbett.com/us/online-shop.html

http://www.dieselbob.co.uk/vegetable.asp

Im going to do the maths to find out how long it would take to pay off the conversion / saving on fuel.

give me a few hours :lol:

Quick Maths by Brian

OK say the kit cost £ 700 approx for a conversion kit for your TDI car / van you need to install yourself other wise it will cost about £ 500 to install

You would need to use 1400 litres of Vegy Oil to make that saving.

Which on one of our vans is about 23 Tank fulls.

The engineers get about 450 miles out of a tank full.

So would see about 10,500 Miles to make the money back for the kit, which is about 4 months of driving for them.

A dual tank is the way to go, as you need to get the diesel engine hot on normal diesel before changing over to the Vegy oil.

So all in all its a long term savings plan,

Great Idea Brian but dont think you have factored in the duty that you must self declare and pay to HMRC sure someone will put the exact figure in but think it is around 27p per litre.

You can only go duty free if it is for personal use and you brewed it yourself.

For arguments sake it is your company so you could say it was personal use and brewing as a member of a club would make the brewing kit at least partly yours.

Reality HMRC say tough, blow up the still and charge you a few thousand for the privalige of doing so, then the nice man performs the strip search just because he likes to do this and you go to prison for 50 years. In order to make room they will release a murderer or rapist but only if they have served a full 3 days imprisonment, if all murderers and rapists have been released than a speeding motorist maybe released providing he has served at least 25 years.

Ian

Reality HMRC say tough, blow up the still and charge you a few thousand for the privalige of doing so, then the nice man performs the strip search just because he likes to do this and you go to prison for 50 years. In order to make room they will release a murderer or rapist but only if they have served a full 3 days imprisonment, if all murderers and rapists have been released than a speeding motorist maybe released providing he has served at least 25 years.

Ian

mmm Now you put it like that, its not worth the Hassle is it :lol:

On reflection

Appologies to both Perry and the technical forum moderator, did'nt mean to make lite of a serious subject, just that I have a great deal of contempt for those that see themselves as higher than the law and shrug their shoulders when they get it wrong even if they have done irreprable damage in the proccess. sure that all the people at HMRC are human possibly.

Ian