Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

Now at Bridge Broad. Both mud weights down all fishing. Andy river inspector came cruising past. I told him all my lot didn't have fishing licenses and could he arrest them. He replied he would be more likely to arrest me for indecent exposure as I have no shirt/top on. Some folk have no respect 

Griff

• Like 4

On 30 June 2017 at 0:39 PM, Victoryv said:

Wooden boats hey, who'd have one ?

Only people who need their head examined! What's up with yours? 

Doug has just ordered the larch and oak for Brilliant. 

We have family at Hunmanby just up from you on the coast, Last time I was their my uncle took me down there across the field to Reighton with his dog. So ok we walk back NO were stood on top of the cliff and he said we jump down keep your feet together and off he went so I followed. Well i'm still here it was a laugh but the steps to get back up at Hunmanby are still a killer.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Here at kings Head. Blazing sunshine, small breeze, had FCE onboard. Now DTS and fishing. Perfect 

Griff

IMG_1134.JPG

I never did understand what DTS stood for (Drink something?), still less FCE and I always did dislike abbreviations but even so I get the gist and the photo speaks for you. 

Whilst mud weighted on the Bure in a bay on the river but out of the way of the river traffic (fishing) one crew member stated 'it's a boat per minute passing us here'. Then Steve G (one of the Lads Week Crew) came out with a belter. He was watching a large yacht with sails stowed motoring down river

'See that's the way to sail, get the motor running, none of that side to side bo££ox'

There really was no arguing with a statement like that one 

Griff

• Like 6

We called in at LBBy for the usual pump out etc, then meandered back up the Ant with crew to cleaning stations.  We arrived back in the wet-shed late afternoon.  I was on the road home at 1700.  All crew members agreed it had been a very good six days afloat, the wx was just perfect.  The fishing? - Well we caught but not as much as we hoped, and we didn't make it above PHB either.  Now of course the crew want to make this a yearly event, just the sort of statement that gets me into trouble with MrsG.  We will see

Griff

• Like 6

Well Chuffin eck, it's a good job Tigers can swim!  Just ridden through a mega thunderstorm on the Norwich bypass it's now hailstorm so we have stoped at The Bridge inn - rude no too. Oh and I have a leak in my gortex waterproof bike jacket, which is a first, the joys

Griff

• Like 1