Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

Thanks for the carriage explanation.  All I know about it was:-

1)  It was old and need of a lot or repair work. 2)  I'm guessing it was on it's way to the heritage line near to East Dereham, I got past it way before then.  3)  Annoyingly it was in front of me (For a while)

Griff

Probably Not but one never should say never.  Although we are onboard for the NBN birthday party, we will have one very pregnant daughter and her partner with us (They arrive Thursday / Friday) and the stipulation form her was that we kept it low key and away from crowds etc.

'B.A' is open to public visitors during the Beccles carnival weekend  19/20th Aug as are all the woodies that are meeting there

You being a forumite are welcome onboard anytime we meet up, we should be back on the Northern side Tuesday / Wednesday 22/23rd.  Just mention your forum name

Griff

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Probably Not but one never should say never.  Although we are onboard for the NBN birthday party, we will have one very pregnant daughter and her partner with us (They arrive Thursday / Friday) and the stipulation form her was that we kept it low key and away from crowds etc.

'B.A' is open to public visitors during the Beccles carnival weekend  19/20th Aug as are all the woodies that are meeting there

You being a forumite are welcome onboard anytime we meet up, we should be back on the Northern side Tuesday / Wednesday 22/23rd.  Just mention your forum name

Griff

Thank you Griff

• Like 1

Left Beccles Monday late morning went to Loddon for overnight. Sailed around 1000, now outside the Beauchamp Arms at 1200 only to find it shut, not impressed. Still a chat with other disappointed clients, Macie exploring. We will proceed further up river then. 

Had to rescue a 22ft launch yesterday, some issue with the throttle, dropped them off at Somerleyton pontoons where they wanted. They were proper grateful. Thing was lots of other craft had passed them before we got to them

Griff

IMG_1223.JPG

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Victoryv said:

Back at work today, after a cracking weekend at Beccles, very envious !

Robin if you have any footage of our transit south over Breydon, would love to see it.

I have a little video of a Facebook Live Stream I made when heading south on Breydon - head on over to the NBN Facebook Group where you will find the recorded version. https://www.facebook.com/groups/norfolkbroadsnetwork/?ref=bookmarks

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

Left Beccles Monday late morning went to Loddon for overnight. Sailed around 1000, now outside the Beauchamp Arms at 1200 only to find it shut, not impressed. Still a chat with other disappointed clients, Macie exploring. We will proceed further up river then. 

Had to rescue a 22ft launch yesterday, some issue with the throttle, dropped them off at Somerleyton pontoons where they wanted. They were proper grateful. Thing was lots of other craft had passed them before we got to them

Griff

IMG_1223.JPG

We encountered this boat yesterday both on our way upriver to Oulton in the early afternoon (BA passed us as well) and again as we sailed back downriver later in the day. They were under power both times, travelling in the opposite direction to us, so it looks as if it didn't take them too long to sort out the problem. I noticed that the outboard cover was missing on the later occasion and wondered why. The crew seemed cheerful enough both times!

Morning Griff didn't turn in time to wave as you passed us at Thorpe Island. We are dead opposite the church and 2 back from the big barge. We are work in progress so of to get some wood this am. Have a good trip.

Colin:default_beerchug:

• Like 1

Thorpe village green- proper pretty.  (Well most of it) Downstream bridge was 6ft9" upstream bridge was 6ft7" so had to take down screen etc. Now on first berth next to yacht station office in Norwich, . Showers completed - room for two :default_trophy:(allowed on one's birthday)   Walk up into city soon for lunch. Wx is bright and warm. Just had maggots delivered from 'Tims Tackle'. Will need water topping up before we depart. All these facilities here but no shore power? Not that we need it today

Griff

• Like 2