Broad Ambition - Underway on the H2O

8 minutes ago, BroadAmbition said:

Thorpe village green- proper pretty.  (Well most of it) Downstream bridge was 6ft9" upstream bridge was 6ft7" so had to take down screen etc. Now on first berth next to yacht station office in Norwich, . Showers completed - room for two :default_trophy:(allowed on one's birthday)   Walk up into city soon for lunch. Wx is bright and warm. Just had maggots delivered from 'Tims Tackle'. Will need water topping up before we depart. All these facilities here but no shore power? Not that we need it today

Griff

Hi Charlie, 

I thought they had the electric posts there?

Regards

Alan

Best laid plans and all that. The lunch and DTS in the Compleat Angler sort of dragged on longer than planned, consequently we are still in Norwich. The latest plan, one of so many I have now lost count is to sail with all three craft up to New Mills pond in t forenoon.   Stopping at a pub up there on t way back. Then charging down river into a flood tide to Reedham in readiness to cross Breydon early Friday morning 

Griff

• Like 3

9 hours ago, BroadAmbition said:

There are indeed but they are right down the far end - nine connections in all none up here though at the posh end

Gruff

The posh end I didn't know there was one at NYS :default_beerchug:

20 minutes ago, brundallNavy said:

Yes it was us now moored at Upton, never seen the tide so strong in Yarmouth. Yacht station was rammed.

Big range at the moment about 4.5 metres, I went for a walk on Mundesley beach yesterday afternoon and it was the furthest I have seen it out. No climbing over groynes perfect walking on hard sand.

9 hours ago, Islander said:

Don't let the BA see that. They will want us to triple moor at Bramerton next.:default_biggrin:

have a good time.

Colin:default_drink_2:

Heck don't say that Colin its already up for a trial of stern mooring there , saying that it will give the brundall navy something to think about stern on at bramerton could easily  become a spectators sport :default_beerchug:

Had a proper great day today. Transited down river via Surlingham Broad and Rockland Broad. Berthed up alongside the private moorings of 'Cockatrice' B&B (500 yds upstream of Reedham chain Ferry)  Had a look onboard the Admiralty launch (Awesome) walked to the Ferry in pub via the chain Ferry. Met JBX5 n misses for a catch up.  V early sail in t morning at 0600 to pass through GYA st 0730-ish. Acle Bridge for lunchtime. Another cracking day afloat. Daughter arrives tomorrow afternoon 

Griff

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1