Becoming smaller....

BroadScot

I was listening to a programme on Radio Scotland today, it was about the size/weight of products etc.  The one that tickled me and many who texted replies, was about Wagon Wheel biscuits, always remembered by yours truly as a BIG Chocy biscuit. However,it appears its shrunk or has it? They say its OUR hands that have become bigger! :naughty:

Sooooo come on you lot, there must be loads of shrunk items that we are paying over the odds for! I can think of a choc bar that helps you work, rest and play that has shrunk by half possibly! I blame WEIGHT WATCHERS :naughty:

cheers Iain.

• Like 2

We noticed at Christmas the tins (or plastic tubs now) of Cadburys Roses had less than the year before for the same price and the tub sides were tapered so it didn't look any emptier ..... Grrrr

It's not the size of the box, its the content weight....

You can all remember, I am sure you can.....

When crisp packets were clear, so you could see the contents.....

Now they are not, when you open a bag, it is only half to a third full.... gggrrrrr

:Stinky

• Like 1

There is something that is getting bigger. There has always been the occasional big one, but today, on average, they are bigger than ever. So big are these things that they are considering bringing back an almost forgotten institution to handle the enormity of the scale. So long are these things that they are considering cutting them in half. Of course I am talking about films here. I overheard that one film company is considering putting the 'intermission' back into the film! I liked the intermission. A recent visit to the cinema to see the final part of the calamity that was the Hobbit made me realise just how much I miss the intermission. Backside aching, back aching, and faced with a plot that had no resemblance to the story...I went for a walk...nipped downstairs, out of the cinema, nipped two doors down, had a pint and a smoke and returned to my seat in the cinema having missed nothing that could be contributed to Tolkien in any way.

• Like 4

Ok, what about a box of Caburys Creme Eggs, 6 eggs in a box, Now you get 5. So where has the 6th egg gone  :shocked and still the same price?

I can't eat them, but Ian and Nic (our daughter) can and will eat them  :naughty:.

Regards

Marina :Stinky  

Hi Marina,

Regarding Creme Eggs the centres used to be runny but that was altered quite a few years ago. Since the American company that took over Bassett's and Cadbury the chocolate used is poor quality and not dairy milk that we are all used to.

Mars bars could have fed a family of six for a week when I was a child, I am sure they were about 40mm thick with loads of toffee and chocolate.

When Mars ran the campaign quite a few years ago "The biggest Mars Bar ever" I was dumbstruck. It was far smaller and tasted like the original Milky Way.

Cadbury Star Bars I liked but you don't see them these days.

Regards

Alan

• Like 2

All chocolate bars, biscuit bars, like Penguins and packets of chocolates such as Maltesers, Revels and even non chocolate sweets like Rowntrees fruit gums and pastels have all been reduced in size, or weight.  This is to bring everything in line with metric weights and measures. Instead of pounds and ounces, that we British used to use. All products are now weighed in grams, so this is why you get slightly less these days. So you get less for your money, whilst the manufactures, gain extra profit.

Unit pricing of toilet rolls is tricky too... they just make each sheet shorter. it needs to be priced by the metre.

(or by the poos per roll if you want it really useful)

Two edged sword really (ouch)

Smaller thinner sheets ...... increase soap sales!!

Many moons ago Jeff, when I was a lad on holiday at my aunts in Liverpool, a neighbour who worked at the then Smiths Factory at Aintree/Old Roan took me in to see them being produced.

The number of crisps off a spud is staggering as the spud is cut wafer thin and these days cooked in oil, them it was fat.

When I came out of the factory I niffed like I had just done a shift in a Fish n Chip shop!

cheers Iain

• 2 years later...