Broadsventure XII back

C.Ricko

Hi Jonny,

she is very open plan now (especially aft) and the port side is galley not leaving much spare room anywhere, the double is now in the front and there is a pull out bunk opposite the galley so if it is not under the loo then I will have to think a bit more about where to put it.

Hi Clive

you could always conceal the tank put it in the saloon build a box around in and there you go a box to put your tv on.

there is so much you can make to conceal it

a tank is squire

a box is squire get thinking Simples :naughty::naughty:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

• 2 weeks later...

This is where I have decided to put the toilet tank, it will basically be under the toilet. I am having an ITT toilet with a short pipe. The tank will not be very big but that should not be a major problem.

The pipes in the picture are from the 'thunderbox' which was removed long ago and replaced with a portaloo thing.

post-503-136713492463_thumb.jpg

Hi Jimbo,

Yes it would, thing is I may change the toilet to an electric type which would be less hastle than if there was a big hole in the tank. Also I am not sure how often I would be getting pumped out and when the wether is hot and the tank has been full a while things are ok until the crust is broken but after that spending time in the 'smallest room' is not too nice ;)

not an overly exciting post but out with the old BMC 2.2 engine and nasty TMP gearbox and the replacement BMC 2.5 and PRM gearbox waiting to be cleaned up, sprayed and a chrome rocker cover put on :grin: before being re fitted.

:)

There has been a bit of progress if you count this (chrome rocker cover) :dance

Also we will have to see how far into the season we get before the writing is ignored ;):grin::lol:

post-503-136713492487_thumb.jpg

If it had been a 4108 it would have been an inside the wet shed job , I need some bits for mine :dance :dance

I cant beleive it would happen in a crime free zone like Stalham, good job the engine is not in the boat. Anyway there is a consortium in the wet shed who have their own CCTV set up so you better watch out :River Police

• 2 months later...

Hi Martin,

over the past few weeks a little has been going on but not much due to the fleet, private work etc 'my' jobs get put on the back burner, however, I have a part made fuel tank, I decided which toilet to have, the engine has been sprayed and most of the bilges have been scrubbed ready for painting.

On Friday we hauled her out into the shed and set her up, Today the soft planks were taken out (2) also two planks where a keel cooler went in and out, these planks were hard but it is better not to have patches on the bottom so they will be replaced.

the cabin sides will be scraped/sanded back to better wood as they dont look too good at present and a few other jobs will be done but as I want to get her on the water I think she will not look her best until next year when all the little things (and some big) are done.

this picture is of where the two soft planks came out,

post-503-136713532602_thumb.jpg

got the planks in the bottom yesterday, not much really, just these three and the two short bits cut out instead of plugging the holes from the old keel cooler..

no progress today or any until Tuesday I recon.

we have had a belt sander on the cabin sides and also scrapers, they have a couple of quite bad areas whic we hope will come up well, I will get some more photos when there is a bit more to see..

post-503-136713536164_thumb.jpg

pallets indeed :norty: thats finest recycled formica faced ply available :liar

lots of belt sanding going on with the cabin sides, they were not in a good way, also scraping to do on them then sanding down the grades, takes a lot of work to make them look flat, smooth and shiney... looking good though, got two really good blokes on the job.. :dance

Thanks for putting them up Terry, as you say the picture was in her 'earning days'. They were only built for one purpose and they did get one hell of a hammering! poor old girls..

Gordon, we have still to meet, I did not know you were going to be there..

Glad you like Broadsventure, work should resume this week with more work to the cabin sides and a toilet/plinth being installed..

As for the bus, well she passed her MOT last Wednesday :dance