Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Southern Comfort

No Brian - that is exactly what it looks like. I wouldn't mind knowing how they get it up there though.

Its a lovely boat providing Character and Events for the River, Loud Music, Flashing Lights :)

I can understand why some dont like it :lol:

Picture a beautiful, if not especially sunny, summer evening in late June just a few days after the meet at Ranworth. Take a long, thin island between a broad and a river, make the water like a mirror and add one smallish Fairline, tied up and switched off. As peaceful, calm and still an evening as I ever recall on the broads. If you are picturing this correctly you should be seeing something like this:

714402751_ec219400e3.jpg

Anyway, take this tranquil mix and now add the Southern Comfort with evening disco, or indeed any of the Wroxham based boats. You can hear it coming for miles - and hear it going for miles too. I can well imagine why people might not be keen on seeing it. However, it does appear to have its place on the broads and seems popular so I guess it is giving some people pleasure. As long as it only deprives me of my pleasure for a few minutes at a time, that is a sacrifice I can live with.

To add, We were moored up one evening when we hired the Prisma out for a weekend.

Nearly asleep, i could hear a faint thump thump noise, like a bass guitar, and i thought to myself, some bugger on one of the boats near us has bought a Bass guitar with them on holiday to play !!!

Anyway, over the next 10 mins it was getting louder and louder.

Then suddenly i could hear a whole band playing !!

Salhouse Broad on a Saturday Night :lol: Enter the Mobile Disco / Live Band Boat !

I peeked out of the forward window and saw flashing lights and floodlights.

One lap of the Broad and it was off back to where it came, leaving us in peace to get to sleep.

Its part of the Broads, its been happening for many years, and will do so for many years to come :)

Guest KeithC

Hi All

I know some see Southern Comfort as a hazard but it does, like some of the other trip boats, introduce newcomers to the delights of the broads. These people may well become tomorrows hirers.

Keith

Norfolk :D

Hi All

I know some see Southern Comfort as a hazard but it does, like some of the other trip boats, introduce newcomers to the delights of the broads. These people may well become tomorrows hirers.

Keith

Norfolk :D

Spot on :)

Guest KeithC

I am afraid the speed limit doesn't seem to apply to Southern Comfort.

Keith

Norfolk :shock:

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.