Guess again ....

Sorry Iain, the blue cover for the cricket pitch was the giveaway. cheers

I have a wee story about that ground from years back, Keith. We were heading into the city one gorgeous summers evening when I stopped to watch some of the cricket being played there. Considering where it was, I was shocked to see players out playing in all sorts of garb....but NOT in whites :norty:

I was talking to a gent who was walking his dog, regarding the poor state of dress wear for such a quality surroundings of a cricket ground. He asked me about cricket as he heard my Scottish accent, I explained I had played at a good level, and was taught from day one to dress like a cricketer even though you may not be a good un. :naughty:

It turned out the gent I was talking too was indeed the Dean of the Cathedral, and he said as we left, the school coaches would be told in know uncertain terms that proper attire should be worn when playing matches on the ground in future!

Every time I have passed there, I think of that conversation. It was a different trip this last time, as I did it on my mobility scooter! How the years have moved on.

cheers Iain

• Like 3