Brooms Bolero

Hylander

We have just book Bolero for  October 2018.         I think it will be just right  for us.    The only detrimental review I saw was ,   the toilet is easily blocked with too much toilet paper,  put it in a side bin ,   well you can imagine my face on reading that,  how gross.  I trust usage of the toilet and not putting too much paper down it will mean this will not happen.

22 hours ago, LondonRascal said:

Oh yes some good old medicated loo roll, then wash hands with some Coal Tar Soap and some TCP mouthwash to finish it off and you're ready to go and hit Yarmouth for a night of jollity.

Don't forget a good splash of Brut Robin! 

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

First post to forum and might be a big ask memory wise, does anybody who’s hired Bolero from Brooms recollect where the 12v cigarette socket is, with this being a “bath tub” although a good looking one I’m looking to fit a rear view camera for the duration of our hire which is fingers crossed in September.

• Like 1

Have you tried phoning Brooms, I've always found them very helpful.

Or nip back to the 60's and C & G Press of Wroxham will let you have a clip-on rear view mirror - aa a chargeable extra. I think Brinks (who seemed to have close associations with Press) did as well.

On the topic of the lovely Izal, beloved of school caretakers everywhere in the 60’s and 70’s. When I was an undergraduate student many eons ago, we performed several assessments of the fallibility in terms of the penetration or lack there of said toilet roll and several more comfortable and or absorbent varieties to liquid or semi solid excrescences. Fear not dear readers we used a substitute material consisting of eColi cultures and other scientific “stuff”. 
Well after messing about for four hours with different combinations of loo roll, wetness and solidity, we incubated our experiments to read at a later date that week. 

The results were expressed in terms of sheet number to prevent pass through to fingers. Yes you know where this is going! 

Izal: 1 sheet that stuff was impervious to liquids and about as absorbent as a plastic bag. 

Andrex Foreign dog toilet roll cushioned pocket 4 ply designer loo roll: 12 yes 12, I say again 12 sheets required to prevent pass through. 

This translates to 240 poos per roll Izal and 20 poos  per roll of foreign dog rip off cushioned fluffy clouds to achieve the same level of protection. 

Sore bums not withstanding we coupled this study with one of bathroom contamination on a live University Bathroom / Toilet / Smoking Room. 

Cold tap was 100% direct transfer every time. Even filthier than the bowl of the bog. 

Remember folks what’s the First and Last thing you touch in the bathroom after pooing then the subsequent “wash your hands” mantra.  

The COLD TAP.. 

He he, that’s why hospitals and testing labs have either foot taps or elbow taps. 

And of course Oulton broad public toilets. 

Hope you all enjoyed that back to enjoying BH beer and sun in the garden. 

Martin and Fiona 

Hi bluesman 54

And welcome to the forum... 

Some of the brooms hire boats the early captains and commodore have a 12volt socket And the later ones have 12volt USB..

I would give Brooms a call to find out which Belero your be having and ask them what power plugs they are...  They all have inverters so you can run main power as the engine is on and you have shore power to..  

If there’s no 12volt socket and only a USB don’t panic.. On eBay or online you can buy an inverter what you can plug in a normal plug socket and has a cigarette 12 volt socket £7.99. 

I hope that’s some help for you 

C06F5814-8AC5-47FC-BE1A-40DEAAC17162.jpeg

On 14/08/2015 at 07:12, ranworthbreeze said:

Hi Neil, 

There wouldn't be shares available in Lightning by any chance:naughty:

You are correct of course and I am surprised that more syndicates for boats are not being formed on the Norfolk Broads, we see reports of people hiring two or three times a year.

We were thinking of Hiring on the Caledonia Canal a couple of years ago in May and a Birchwood 340 similar to Ranworth Breeze was £1650 per week plus the usual average £400 add on's by Le Boat, Because there were three couples we needed a six berth plus! and at £4000 for a week we ended up hiring a Narrow Boat on the Scottish Canals at less than half that cost.

All in all the Broads offers cheaper boating, be it private, syndicate or hired.

Regards

Alan

That's why we took our own boat to the Caledonian. Even factoring in the £1200 road transport it was cheaper to take our own boat then to hire one!

• Like 1

Thanks for all the advice re’ Bolero’s 12 volt sockets, especially ScrumpyCheddar, I never knew such a plug/socket existed and seeing as I’ll only need the rear view camera whilst underway it looks just the thing I need,  as advised I’ll also ring Broom a little nearer to our holiday and being a belt and braces type of guy I’ll get some 12volt cigarette socket extension leads and the item that ScrumpyCheddar advised.

Thanks for the welcome to the forum, stay safe everyone and hopefully you/we will be on the water asap.

Regards Ian

• Like 1

On 25/05/2020 at 11:41, Bluesman54 said:

First post to forum and might be a big ask memory wise, does anybody who’s hired Bolero from Brooms recollect where the 12v cigarette socket is, with this being a “bath tub” although a good looking one I’m looking to fit a rear view camera for the duration of our hire which is fingers crossed in September.

Is the camera connected to a monitor screen via bluetooth or wires and won`t you need power for the screen? 

21 hours ago, oldgregg said:

You shouldn't really need a rear view camera on Bolero?

It's 28ft and has a sliding canopy... Open the roof and put your head out. Works better than any reversing camera I've used...

Ah what if it’s pouring down with rain your not going to slide the roof back And stick your head out then .. :default_norty: 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ScrumpyCheddar said:

Ah what if it’s pouring down with rain your not going to slide the roof back And stick your head out then .. :default_norty: 

We found with all of the single level sliding cockpit boats we hired that there was a line of sight from the helm to the stern if you left the cabin doors open and the rear door open.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Cal said:

We found with all of the single level sliding cockpit boats we hired that there was a line of sight from the helm to the stern if you left the cabin doors open and the rear door open.

Some boatyards even put the helm on the right hand side to allow for this. One example being Sunline 2 from Porter & Haylett back in the 70s.

Must admit to being a bit of a tech geek but had thought of head out the sliding roof scenario but as it’s September weather might not be good, in answer to wiring question it will be wireless with only needing power to monitor and camera, I’ve emailed Broom re’ positioning of sockets etc. It’s a few years since I’ve been on the Broads and vaguely remember there being a “code” of horn signals as at Ludham bridge, now I’m not naive enough to think that boaters will use it as they didn’t then but a return to using a bit of common sense when overtaking “bath tubs” or other boats with limited rear wards view might help.

we usually try and cruise with the top down on lads week, and thats in october, though last year was a bit touch and go for some of the days, shouted directions from the rear works fine, as if coming in to moor stern on you should have crew there waiting with the ropes.