Want to Hire the Best Boat on the Broads ?

Brian

• 1 month later...

Saw Liberty go past us at the Swan Horning, have to say that she would have looked a lot more impessive if someone had given her a clean before sending her out.

Gorgeous real boat with the private factor in bucket loads, but would have been a bit upset if the boat was handed over to me like that.

Ian

some of the hirers cannot handle a small boat and most of the time are flat out let alone a twin engined sealine with 100+hp mind you some hirers are able to handle boat qwite well apart from the occasional few

Very true Brian, it is nice that so few of the bigger boats can get up there with ease... Having said that, I think it's worth the effort if you can. Too many get put off by the wait to get under... But hey, why not take a dinghy if you can and chug up there for an outing, leaving the big boat down at the Bridge? Your little lass could row you up there now mate! :D

It is a bit of a slog right down to end of Hickling, but the Broad is so beautiful... Horsey Mere has to be one of my favourite places... early summer we were there, and only sailing boats to be seen - about twenty of them in a lively blow, simply stunning...

Someone did tell me they were D6-350's in the Sealine, the only other option for that age of boat are D6-310's. These engines are fully electronic and the only way to govern the top speed is to put some kind of mechanical block on or in the throttle levers. As the throttles are also fully electronic I expect they have put some kind of block to prevent them being pushed forward too far.

Neil