Summer & Autumn Meets next year, 2016

Hi John.. Good idea on the two northern meets and one southern.. It seems there are more members up north.

How about Spring and autumn up north.. South for the summer one as it should be that bit quieter meaning moorings should be easier to book.

Spring.. Salhouse. How about a bank holiday?

Summer. OBYS (or coldham hall or Loddon?!). About the same time as this years.

Autumn.. Womack ?! (Late september?!)

cheers 

Hi John.. Good idea on the two northern meets and one southern.. It seems there are more members up north.

How about Spring and autumn up north.. South for the summer one as it should be that bit quieter meaning moorings should be easier to book.

Spring.. Salhouse. How about a bank holiday?

Summer. OBYS (or coldham hall or Loddon?!). About the same time as this years.

Autumn.. Womack ?! (Late september?!)

cheers 

Bank Holidays are much more expensive for hirers, Alan... that's why we try to keep away from them. Also we did discuss next Spring and that date's already booked.

We would have to book by the end of the year to get OBYS and they would want numbers pretty accurately by next Easter at the latest, but I think that's a good idea.  :clap

How about July 23/24, 2016 at OBYS?

Again Womach isn't bookable to my knowledge but I'm open to any other ideas!   :bow

• Like 1

I know they do, and it's usually the third weekend in June. :)

The island is booked through the Cators and a number of organisations use it, not just NBF.  However, it's not worth fostering any bad feeling. :)

Edited by Polly
  • Like 1

I know they do, and it's usually the third weekend in June. :)

The island is booked through the Cators and a number of organisations use it, not just NBF.  However, it's not worth fostering any bad feeling. :)

We'd be a month later, Polly, but I agree with your thoughts. I wonder what others think?

Hi John obys is good for us so to is the dates,not sure enough space at coldham hall or London.Again both good for us.Once again like the dates and suggestions.

We've had 14 boats at Coldham, Ian, but it can be a bit expensive and there's nowhere else to go if you don't like their food.

What do others think to that for next Summer, please? (23/24 July, OBYS)

• 2 weeks later...

I've just provisionally booked Oulton Broad yacht Station for July 23/24, 2016 for the Summer Meet. I'll start a new topic later today (or tomorrow)...    :wave

New topic started for the Summer Meet so that leaves the Autumn Meet open to suggestions, please?

(Preferably sensible..............)   :naughty:  :naughty:  :naughty: