some shots

Guest Jonny

Hi everyone

while my dad was cutting the grass i thought i would try out the modes on the camera after reading the manual & understanding two thirds of its.

the first two of the garden i was changing the adapture & ISO setting

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

more to come

post-75-136713510206_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713510324_thumb.jpg

then not so long ago about 4pm we weren't to the canal for some the Rochdale Canal near stakehill

here i was testing out different scene modes from land scape to black & white also speed mode where i can change the speed of how meny shots i can take per second i think the maximum i set it to was 30ps.

I had a little go in (M mode) manual mode takes a little getting use to changing the shutter speed ISO & adapture but this is something to learn.

post-75-136713510438_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713510798_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713510909_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713510945_thumb.jpg

last couple now

sorry folks the flower should have been put with the first two :oops::oops::oops:

the first two pics are of course a wind farm i wasn't even at half optical zoom

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

post-75-136713513035_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713513146_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713513509_thumb.jpg

Jonny, put the camera down and get the lawnmower out! ;)

Seriously though, some nice ones there (the wildlife ones stand out most for me). My only comment would be that I can't be doing with wonky horizons so, for me at least, I'd pay a little more attention to keeping the camera level. It's a only a problem in one or two shots though.

Seriously though, some nice ones there (the wildlife ones stand out most for me). My only comment would be that I can't be doing with wonky horizons so, for me at least, I'd pay a little more attention to keeping the camera level. It's a only a problem in one or two shots though.

Hi Simon

the pics of the winfarm where i was stood the only clear shot was on a bend thats why its a bit wonky.

Jonny, put the camera down and get the lawnmower out!

I dad did the back i did the front turning over the soil & putting plant in.

Jonny ice sliceice slice

Hi Jonny

Good to see you are getting out there and taking pictures, with some nice results. :clap I hope you don't mind a little constructive criticsm.....

I like your B&W lock shots, but the only comment I would make is about the slight skew on the angle of the second one. I'm not sure if you were intending for a quirky angle to shoot from, as these can look very good, but if so you need to exaggerate the angle a bit. If you did not mean to get the camera off level, then Simon is bang on about trying to make sure the camera is level. All photographers tend to hold their cameras at a slight angle, and it is something you need to train yourself out of. I make sure the last thing I do before pressing the shutter button is to look at both sides of the viewfinder to make sure the picture is framed level (unless of course I am going for the aforementioned quirky angle!).

The first picture of the Guinea Fowl you can see the grass infront of the bird is in focus whereas the bird itself is blurred. This seems to be a trait with P&S and bridge cameras, as my kids are having exactly the same problem with their Fuji, when trying to photograph birds in trees .The camera always tends to focus on the closest object, which I can only assume is down to it having a large AF sensor area. It would be worth you trying to get the focus locked before taking the photo, by pointing the camera at something the same distance away as the subject, but without the interference of closer objects, pressing the shutter button halfway to lock the focus, and then re-frame the image before pressing the button all the way. See what happens if you try a few test shots.

Keep at it! cheersbar

HI Jill

Yes, and that way the camera doesn't re-focus. If you let go of the button, it would simply re-focus where the camera was pointing. One thing to be aware of with this technique, though, is that at the same time as focussing, the camera is also measuring the exposure. So if you lock the focus where the scene is very bright, and then move the camera to take your picture, the exposure will be set where the focus was locked. This can result in the exposure being off if there is a big difference in the brightness.

I like your B&W lock shots, but the only comment I would make is about the slight skew on the angle of the second one. I'm not sure if you were intending for a quirky angle to shoot from, as these can look very good, but if so you need to exaggerate the angle a bit. If you did not mean to get the camera off level, then Simon is bang on about trying to make sure the camera is level. All photographers tend to hold their cameras at a slight angle, and it is something you need to train yourself out of. I make sure the last thing I do before pressing the shutter button is to look at both sides of the viewfinder to make sure the picture is framed level (unless of course I am going for the aforementioned quirky angle!).

Hi Mark

i dont mind what so every

when i took the pics of the lock in color i dint want a straight shot as it looked boring so i went for the angled approach

The first picture of the Guinea Fowl you can see the grass infront of the bird is in focus whereas the bird itself is blurred. This seems to be a trait with P&S and bridge cameras, as my kids are having exactly the same problem with their Fuji, when trying to photograph birds in trees .The camera always tends to focus on the closest object, which I can only assume is down to it having a large AF sensor area. It would be worth you trying to get the focus locked before taking the photo, by pointing the camera at something the same distance away as the subject, but without the interference of closer objects, pressing the shutter button halfway to lock the focus, and then re-frame the image before pressing the button all the way. See what happens if you try a few test shots.

the shot with the guinea foul yes i did notice there faces were a bit blurred as there was nothing i could do. there was hardly any space to get a clear shot. the farmer was out i did knock to see if i could a little on his land as i dint want to trespass even tho it was a little blurred i thought i would use it as its not often you get a shot of them.

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice sliceice slice

Hi every one

just got back home from a friends birthday over the weekend took my camera but after clearing up & helping friends out i dint realy get much time i dint even drink well only half a glass of punch not realy my thing.

But while coming out of the hotel this morning at the petrol station i saw two classic cars so out whipped the camera. :teddy::teddy:

we here over the radio that there is a classic car festival on tomorrow :cry:cry but have to be home for an early start in the morning we stopped off at shrewsbury to see if i could get some snaps but hardly any parking spaces riverside.

but we saw silver shadows old Fiat 500's Bentleys dodge chargers mustangs all sorts

post-75-136713516352_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713516464_thumb.jpg

Very nice too Jonny. It's funny how you stumble across these things. A few years ago Susan and I were sitting at a park bench in a small town called Walpole in Western Australia. All of a sudden all these classic Bentleys started arriving and a few of them stopped to fill up in the service station opposite the park. I did manage to capture a shot of three of them but they caught us completely by surprise - as you can probably imagine!

3497562401_9573cffa5a.jpg

It turned out that there was some annual event where all these Bentleys from all over the world used to visit (most of them were eccentric Brits). Owning a classic Bentley must cost a pretty penny but shipping it to Oz for a jaunt with your other Bentley owning mates.... well I don't they were staying in budget motels, let's put it that way.

Pity you won't be able to get any shots of the actual festival.

• 3 weeks later...

went to pick my sister up from Manchester Airport as shes just returned from Malmoe after competing in a womans goalball tournament.

so the first so of shots are wildlife

post-75-136713524292_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713524405_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713524768_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713524881_thumb.jpg

post-75-136713524918_thumb.jpg