Autumn Meet, 2016

Hockham Admiral

It is difficult going to a meet by car. By boat everybody knows who you are before the mooring lines land but by car, unless you know someone already, to just turn up and say hello to a total stranger in the hope they are part of what you are attending can be somewhat fraught.

Of course nbn logos on clothes helps but not everyone has such items... I don't. 

There is no easy answer unless we all wear a big "here I am badge"!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ZimbiIV said:

Maybe, and I hate them, log in name badges?

paul

At Beccles last year we gave everyone a badge to wear so we at least knew they were part of the event. Only maybe a quarter wore them. At somewhere where there is 'public' access as well it is very easy to miss someone in the crowd.

1 minute ago, MauriceMynah said:

Well as those there know, This is how I deal with the problem.

To stranger I say, sorry my friend but you do need to introduce yourself if you're not wearing something that identifies you.

IMG_7988.JPG

Oh you've gone and done it now MM, you will have Gracie swooning all over you !:naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 2

Ah yes that's sorted it. Now would that be MauriceMynah, Nyx, MM or whatever the chaps real name is!!!?

At least I am easy to identify. Not sure if it's the huge Janet Anne painted across my ar.. sorry, transom or the slight whiff of chocolate that gives it away? 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Zeta said:

RE: Autumn Meet 24th-25th /09 @ Surlingham.

Is it still on?

Zeta, Hi. Yes, of course. BUT see my last message on it:

On 08/07/2016 at 7:28 AM, Hockham Admiral said:

IMPORTANT!

Sonia has asked for a definitive number up to a maximum of 8 boats by early next week as she has another booking she wants to fulfil.

So, as Delia says, please add your names pdq (and not later than Tuesday) if you want to come!    cheersbar

Here's the latest:

Friday Girl, John & Mary-Jane, Stern, Sat-Mon, Yes

Le Grand Crux, Trev & Sue, Stern, Sat-Sun

Quo Vadis, Bob, Jiffy & Meesh Stern, Sat-Sun

Bound 2 Please, Charlie & wench, Stern, Fri-Sun

Braveheart, John, Jo & Toby, Side, Sat-Sun

Verdi B, Bill & Chery, Stern, Sat-Mon

Hi people just to let you know that the Saturday of the meet is also the Sat of The Yare Navigation race which involves lots of rag & sticks racing from Coldham Hall to Breydon and across before returning on the same route. Start time will depend on the tides but could be as early as 7am so if you are using this route to reach Surlingham plan your journey accordingly. There will be lots of participants as I believe but could be wrong that this is the second biggest  race behind the 3 Rivers

Boycee

:facepalm:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/10/2016 at 8:50 PM, boycee said:

Hi people just to let you know that the Saturday of the meet is also the Sat of The Yare Navigation race which involves lots of rag & sticks racing from Coldham Hall to Breydon and across before returning on the same route. Start time will depend on the tides but could be as early as 7am so if you are using this route to reach Surlingham plan your journey accordingly. There will be lots of participants as I believe but could be wrong that this is the second biggest  race behind the 3 Rivers

Boycee

:facepalm:

we are making a dash for it on friday afternoon!! might make Sonia s before dark, !! .......!!

sorry to but in, slightly off topic, would have loved to come to this but have to travel home on the 24 about lunch time - work beckons, hope you all have a great time.   Are you planning a spring meet anywhere and if so, where and when please?

thanks

trev

36 minutes ago, tjg1677 said:

sorry to but in, slightly off topic, would have loved to come to this but have to travel home on the 24 about lunch time - work beckons, hope you all have a great time.   Are you planning a spring meet anywhere and if so, where and when please?

thanks

trev

31 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

Hi Trev,

The spring meeting is at Salhouse Broad on the weekend 20th/21st May.

cheersIain

:party:

Thanks for the info - Going to put that one in the diary for sure as i am pretty certain i can make it. Give me a chance to ply poor unsuspecting victims  errrrmmm sorry, lovers of fine wines, with my home made sangria, its the poodles privates, or so i am told but oddly never the morning after.

Have a great autumn meet

Trev

• Like 3

7 hours ago, tjg1677 said:

Thanks for the info - Going to put that one in the diary for sure as i am pretty certain i can make it. Give me a chance to ply poor unsuspecting victims  errrrmmm sorry, lovers of fine wines, with my home made sangria, its the poodles privates, or so i am told but oddly never the morning after.

Have a great autumn meet

Trev

Trev, Hi. 

In fact we've decided to finalise dates for all future Meets so that everyone can plan ahead.   :-)

Third weekends of May, July and September will be the dates in future.     cheersbar

• Like 2