Tis I the pesky mod...

BroadScot

Hi Charlie,

Typing that blog today, is the hardest thing I have done since I joined the Forum. I will do all I can to make next years May Meet, it may require a rethink how I get there. The 8 hour drive or so is getting too much for my old bones. Arthritis is a bu***r but Psoriatic Arth is a lot worse, I can fly from Glasgow to Stansted, that is only then a two hour or so drive with a hire car. We shall see how the body behaves. One thing is for sure, you lot aint getting rid of the pesky mod any day soon, unless the powers that be, say so!

cheersIain.

• Like 1

Hi Charlie,

Typing that blog today, is the hardest thing I have done since I joined the Forum. I will do all I can to make next years May Meet, it may require a rethink how I get there. The 8 hour drive or so is getting too much for my old bones. Arthritis is a bu***r but Psoriatic Arth is a lot worse, I can fly from Glasgow to Stansted, that is only then a two hour or so drive with a hire car. We shall see how the body behaves. One thing is for sure, you lot aint getting rid of the pesky mod any day soon, unless the powers that be, say so!

cheersIain.

i am sure it was mate, I really feel for you as I do know first hand about arthritis as I have ostio arthritis in the spine and know what thats like. Yes stanstead is probably a two hour or less drive to the broads, as a mate of mine from brentwood came to our boat a few weeks back and choose to go m25 m11 not sure road here then  a47 and he did it in less that 2 hours. stanstead is 30-40 minutes from brentwood ...................

But heres hoping that we do get to meet you and Grace next year at some point

Charlie

• Like 1

Hi Charlie,

I've been at Stanstead a few times, but was a lot fitter then. The walks from some of the gates are of Olympic proportions! I use to be able get a flight from Prestwick near where I live, till Ryanair pulled the plug on that route. It was a quickish way into London. Or be met by friends and a stop over at Harlow, Travelodge.

cheersIain.

Hi Iain, sorry to hear of your problems too, have been looking out for you this last couple of days while up here on the north end.

Just got a good signal here at The Bridge Inn Acle, to read this, off back South in the morning.

Good luck for making it next year, hope to see you then.

Paul.

• Like 4

Hi Howard,

Yes it does, but like my wimen I like them boats big! :naughty:  Seriously I had one day boat many moons ago, its just not me, too low!

I have over six months to put the remnants of the grey sells to use and find a solution.

cheersIain.

• Like 3

Iain, I am so very sorry you had to cut your holiday short, I hope you get well soon, bless you

I will do a deal with you.......I have a goal to make the spring meet next year, I want you to have the same goal, we can do a bit of dancing on boat decks, wine, women/men and song lol :party2:

Get better soon Sweetheart :kiss

Grace 

• Like 10

Iain

I am sure it was very difficult for you to leave but for your health you made the right choice

I know from your posts how much you think of the Broads and the memories of your many Holidays 

Knowing you I am sure you will find away to get there

Is the train an option down to London then to Norwich

From the Railway Station there are many options to Boats Hotels or Cottages

Best Regards

Ray 

• Like 3

Iain

really sorry to hear you had to cut short your holiday. I know how much you were looking forward to it, especially after the last time.

I agree with others who say you made the right choice to return home.

Home is definately the best place to be when you feel unwell.

I really do hope you find a way to get back again.

look after yourself 

• Like 5

Iain,

I have just caught up with your (lack of) holiday news.  I agree with several others that you must feel really bad about it, but it sounds like a good decision.

Don't forget that Glasgow to Norwich flights are available for about £180 return.  I accept that is not cheap when you add taxi fares to the boat yard etc. but it's another possibility (I don't know if flights get cheaper if booked in advance). 

Just "thinking out loud":  Maybe you could share a bigger boat with friends who could help with the tasks that require agility?  Hopefully, something with better facilities, more suited to your situation.  

Best wishes.

• Like 1

Iain

I am sure it was very difficult for you to leave but for your health you made the right choice

I know from your posts how much you think of the Broads and the memories of your many Holidays 

Knowing you I am sure you will find away to get there

Is the train an option down to London then to Norwich

From the Railway Station there are many options to Boats Hotels or Cottages

Best Regards

Ray 

Hi Ray,

Yes, I have been thinking a lot about it in the clear light of day, and know I had to leg it home. I know I have clocked up thousands of miles driving to Norfolk. this was the hardest leaving I must say. I can fly from Edinburgh at a price! The cheaper way would be to Stanstead. The train is a tricky one as I found out going to a conference in Ipswich.

I will sit down and discuss it with my crew. I will still be on here, I enjoy the banter so much.

cheersIain.

• Like 1

Hi Iain

Thank you for your reply

I know it is a long drive for you might be another option would be to have a couple of stops each way and a bit less time in Norfolk at least that way you get to see The Broads

There is no way you are leaving the forum Gracie will not allow it, come to that none of us will

Regards

Ray 

• Like 6

Only just back online from this morning and so sorry to read this, Mate.

I just admire your grit and determination to actually get home when you were feeling so low. No wonder those Scottish Regiments put the fear of God into our past foes!

Try to keep smiling and let's hope for next year.    :wave

Hi John,

So sorry, don't know how I missed your comments. Aye Kilts and Haggis have their advantages:naughty: 

John, I do not give up easily, i've fought Psoriasis for nearly forty years, and Arth for the last ten or so. Ruth says when I want to, I can and will move mountains, life is always a challenge, this happens to be the latest of them.

If you read elsewhere on here, I have been told, threatened even,:naughty: I must make the May Meet. If my health allows it will happen, just the thought of drinking chocolate and eating a boat? Think that's wrong somehow, but to see a rejuvenated healthy young lady like Gracie there, is a goal worth aiming for IMHO.

cheersIain

• Like 5