FACEBOOK GROUPS

SPEEDTRIPLE

There`s a facebook group called "Norfolk Broads Boaters". There are a lot of posts by people who post up pictures and film clips of their holidays, and sometimes it can make for very interesting viewing.  I think there`s a few people on this forum that might know what i`m on about.  I remember putting a line in one of my posts regarding inconsiderate behaviour saying "let he who is without sin cast the first stone".

• Like 1

Speed, not really sure what you are trying to tell us. Might make me appear a tad thick but there we go!

Facebook exists, as do forums. Can't deny the reality of that so what's the issue? Perhaps a rerun of all the arguments will clarify the issue! In the meantime, just to show that I do look at Facebook, when I choose to:

Edited by JennyMorgan
  • Like 1

I am a member as are about 1500 other people. It's a closed group so you have to join to see what's in it.

There is a member that posts links to another Broads Forum but following a few unpleasant snide comments I have just blocked them so I cannot see anything they post! Facebook lets you do that.

Speed, not really sure what you are trying to tell us. Might make me appear a tad thick but there we go!

Facebook exists, as do forums. Can't deny the reality of that so what's the issue? Perhaps a rerun of all the arguments will clarify the issue! In the meantime, just to show that I do look at Facebook, when I choose to:

Strange to see another and concurrent thread on this subject, as I thought there was a request to give  Facebook a rest now, so I would guess that a "rerun of the arguments" may be dreaded. :rolleyes:

It's certainly an interesting development in human evolution.

The desire for anyone to to "blow their own trumpet" has been taken up with a vengeance by so many people with no talent to do so.

The Internet is such a treasure house of information, but its getting harder to swim through the dross and find the gold.

Couldn't agree more with the comment about swimming through the dross, I just don't bother with it.

As far as I'm concerned I struck gold when I found this Forum, most of it's members have excellent knowledge regarding Boats and Broadland and pretty nice people too, what more could you ask for? The Mods could do with a bit of a kick up the bottom but they will learn eventually lol :rolleyes: :naughty:

Grace

p.s No more Facebook talk (I didn't mention the word once in my post :angel:)

• Like 4

Couldn't agree more with the comment about swimming through the dross, I just don't bother with it.

As far as I'm concerned I struck gold when I found this Forum, most of it's members have excellent knowledge regarding Boats and Broadland and pretty nice people too, what more could you ask for? The Mods could do with a bit of a kick up the bottom but they will learn eventually lol :rolleyes: :naughty:

Grace

You did, you little tinker you, right at the end!!!

• Like 2

As far as I'm concerned I struck gold when I found this Forum, most of it's members have excellent knowledge regarding Boats and Broadland and pretty nice people too, what more could you ask for?9iThe Mods could do with a bit of a kick up the bottom but they will learn eventually lol :rolleyes: :naughty:

Grace

What's this, young lady, no mention of shoes, wine or Christmas? 

You're slipping!   :kiss

• Like 3

I find I'm using the facebook page's more than the forums, to a lot of people its like having many forums in the one place, just as Ebay and Amazon have done to the retail world, it will be interesting to see how all the forums fair, but i suspect participation is on the decline.  This forum has also joined the facebook stage time will tell if its Facebook presence becomes bigger than the forum. 

• Like 2