Tolls

RayandCarole

51 minutes ago, senator said:

That was the whole point of the one size fits all argument.

Get rid of sail, get rid of hire multipliers, get rid of set size up to costs. all pay the high extra rate currently charged for motor boats over a given size of £9.04 m2 from 1m2 to 100m2

Starter boats would be cheaper, small boats like canoes and sailing dinghy's would be cheaper, those running large sail boats would be slightly worse of but not dramatically, large motor boats would be much the same. Overall there maybe a minor adjustment to the £9.04m2 rate to balance the income.

Once done there would only be one voice when it came to boat owners instead of everyone arguing from their own perspective, as long as Packers can set boaters at each others throats he will always end up winning , remove the camps and he has to deal with everyone

There's a serious danger that you're starting to convince me Senator. :rolleyes:

I doubt if boat owners will ever stop arguing from their own perspective though, even just this forum has proved that on so many occasions !

Wouldn't really matter then as long as all are paying the same, I really can't see anyone arguing that they want to pay more. As long as it is one rate then everyone sings from the same hymn sheet.

Large sail would be the only ones seeing an upward adjustment so you would have to get them on board but if they have a small boat as well it will likely all even out and the benefits to the boat owning community, be that hire or private, and the long term big voice that would be gained, surely would be worth any minor discrepancies and even be beneficial to those that may loose out in the short term.

20 minutes ago, Dajen said:

.......There are 11 pages talking about the unfairness of the Tolls system and levels, no point talking, take action. The Hire Industry have flexed their muscle and got a reduction, time for the privateers who no matter which way you look at it subsidise the Hire Industry, to flex theirs......

20 hours ago, Strowager said:

...........and despite the occasional "rallying calls" on here, there would be no "significant" combined effect.

.....only my humble opinion of the reality.....