Sundog formally known as Alice

Laurabassam86

I think I might of asked this along time ago but since the passing of my nan 4 months ago I'm really wanting to find as much info as I can about sundog... I have been told that her mast/sail is at Royalls boatyard but have been told today that she could all be at this yard does anyone happen to know anything would be a massive help. 

Many thank 

Laura 

• Like 1

Hi Laura

As Barry said, it is the Lord Roberts at Wroxham.

Hopefully Peter Waller will see this thread as he has what are possibly the last photographs of Sundog in the late 70s/early 80s I believe. She ended her days at Geldeston, hauled out onto dry land with an owner who had presumably intended to restore her. She was in a sorry state and the restoration didn't happen. I've been told that she was burnt. Very sad as she was a magnificent looking craft. As I sad ... hopefully Peter will be along and post his photos and give you a bit more info.

Carol

'Black Sailed Traders' suggests that Lord Roberts & Sundog are not the same. If my memory is correct the Lord Roberts is sunk in a dyke, as has already been suggested. As for Sundog I'm pretty sure that I posted photographs somewhere of her on the bank at Geldeston just prior to her being burnt up, will have to see if I can find those pictures.

Yea as far as i know my grandad tried to restore her but i think he stupidly pulled all the planks out at once so i have read somewhere however dont know if that bit is true. we have been told loads of things about her. We also got told thatsundog was burnt out and her mast is in a pub garden in Beccles. Another is the mast is in Mr royalls garden and had the name jennymorgan on top of the mast. 

I have currently a painting in the office that was done of the sundog went my mum lived on her. would be lovely to now try and piece together just where she is and what pieces are where. 

would be great if you do have some pictures of her JennyMorgan. :)

53 minutes ago, Gracie said:

Hi Laura, sorry I can't help you with your question but would just like to pass on my heart felt condolences for the loss of your Nan

Grace :kiss

Thank you Grace :kiss

We now just want to help for fill what my nan was trying to find out about the wherry she lived on for so many years. 

Laura

• Like 1

Thank you for that imtamping2 yea we have this picture but many thanks.

I have just gotten off of the phone to a Nigel at royals boatyard who have told me they have the mast. He has been very helpful and told me a few things about my granddad which was amazing and helping me to find out more information on Sundog