Maggot Machines

senator

Have found these ideal through the year for occasional fishing as I have been able to tip a few into a bait tin, put the lid back on the tin and store it in the fridge, the holes are so small that there is no chance of them getting out and the tin is cold enough that there is no maggoty odour wafting out over the food.

Does anyone know if these machines are stocked year round (closed season excluded) and also maybe it would be usefull to have a list of where they are.

I know there is one at WRC, one outside the general store at Loddon and one up by Lathams at Potter, anyone else seen any around?

Ian

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
Are we having a nomination for the best maggot machine next.

:P:lol::clap

Can't recall seeing one at Maltsters but i could of course be wrong. Or fuddled. or both.

One at the Waveney River Centre as well. Has anyone mentioned Loddon? I think there is also one next to the Bridge stores.

post-131-136713407585_thumb.jpg

One at the Waveney River Centre as well. Has anyone mentioned Loddon? I think there is also one next to the Bridge stores.

Hi Howard yes you are correct before you walk into the store its to the left of the building

• 2 weeks later...
Guest cygnet

Is there any way that we could get a comprehensive list together.

We could print it out and have it on board.

Very useful for me!!!

Guest cygnet

Mag-It Machines

were kind enough to send me this list of maggot machines that are available to boaters.

ACLE. THE BRIDGE INN,OLD RD, ACLE

BURGH ST PETER. WAVENENY RIVER CENTRE,STAITHE RD.

HORNING. NEW INN,54, LOWER ST,

LODDON. BRIDGE STORES, 41, BRIDGE ST.

LUDHAM. LUDHAM BRIDGE SERVICES.

POTTER HEIGHAM. BRIDGE STORES.

REEDHAM. THE FERRY, PUBLIC HOUSE, REEDHAM FERRY.

RANWORTH. THE MALTSTERS, RANWORTH BROAD.

• 11 months later...

David,

The lads will come up on Sunday so they can sort themselves out. Birds the tackle shop is one of the options for them. Liz remembers the early fishing days when someone spilt the maggots down the air vent on the hire boat, the vent was just over her bed and she had little visitors dropping in during the holiday!

For information this is the tackle shop, very easy to get to if you are going up the A14.

http://www.birdsleisure.com/visit_us.html

Ian :Sailing