Hm Ships / Mtb102 / Nbn

Hi Griff

Rang BBC Lookeast they would like an E mail listing what's going on and who's there and what times sent to

norfolklive@bbc.co.uk

And can you also send a non copyright photo that they can use on an introduction

Regards Nigel

Ok I think I've got everyone, I'll ring Radio Norfolk this morning.  That just leaves Mutford lock / Lowestoft bridge to sort out.    It looks like because of the media response I will need a skipper to take out the odd journalist / photographer etc as I can't fit them all onboard 'B.A' - any volunteers?

Griff

Do we know how many of us are going on our own boats yet? Think it is just griff and I. 

I can get a few onboard but one small question is getting them back. I assume they will want to go back to where we pick them up from? If your off to Lowestoft will you want to do that?

Hi Mark not looking good for me mate struggling with work and crew with it being Thursday, not ruled it out yet but probably not with our own boat this time. Just the logistics of getting back to Horning from Yarmouth or Lowestoft going to be a problem.

regards John

John I have crew places available if you want to join us?

We will be leaving brundal weds early afternoon and back thurs afternoon after the fun. 

I will be in GY for weds night and probably coming back in that way thurs so could do a pick up and drop off there if it helps?

pm me if your interested. 

Fair T middlin - I did as requested last week, not heard a dickie bird as of yet.  Anglia TV have been in touch as have the t'others I mentioned earlier

Boats confirmed are Baitrunners, Lastdraft and one other, JXB is looking doubtful but fingers crossed.  This sea day is not an 'Invite Only'  if you have friends with boats then you are of course free to invite them but you must let me know if they are coming so I can plan accordingly

Griff

Morning,  I have just checked out an online medium I use for any sea trips for 'B.A' never let me down in the past.  It's looking very good:-

Wednesday afternoon, the largest wave height is 0:5m period of 4:9secs from the SE.  Max wind speed 19kts

Thursday the forceast is for max wave height of 0:1m or 100mm from the N with a max wind speed of 14kts

I've seen bigger waves on Barton let alone Breydon.  Bring it on :Stinky

Griff

Website:- http://www.myweather2.com/Marine/Global-Ports/United-Kingdom/Lowestoft.aspx?sday=0&eday=7

• Like 2

And hot by the looks of things. 

Griff will try and give you a call when we stop for lunch around 12-1pm to see how your going. And if you have that head sorted!!!

just an FYI I will have one crew on Wednesday and John (jbx5) will be joining us thurs morning for the main run out. If he's good I might even drop him back off as well!!!

this is more exciting than Christmas!!!

Mark... I heard on the grape vine that you poked your head around the breakwater and ran back in.. is that right?? I've had this broom out in gust of 30kts (averages 20kts).. (Although it wasn't that bad when we went out and there wasn't any swell that I could see from up top (although the lower screen got a wash apparently).. glad we have full thrusters though... phrew (No I didn't hit anything).. Come on.. videos.. what was it like what was it like.. what was it like?? .. I'll get Gracie onto you if you don't tell us..;)

(Enjoy chaps.. hope you all get out tomorrow for a little run). cheers 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

Come on.. videos.. what was it like what was it like.. what was it like?? .. I'll get Gracie onto you if you don't tell us..;)

Now, now, young Alan, no violence allowed on this Forum if you please,:norty: Gracie get the 6"heels on please, Mark requires a gentle reminder ! :naughty:

cheersIain

• Like 2

Alan what can I say. Snitch whoever the griff, robin, Grendel it was!!!

stiil at least we tried. Some just stayed on GY drinking beer!!!

i was helming and my crew was holding on for dear life ( we even spilled the fruit pastilles)!!!

one of the other boats got some photos and the smaller boat looked like a submarine at one point. After the second dunking at 30 degs we bottled it. 

Even the mtb skipper said if it hadn't been for this event he wouldn't have gone to sea. 

It was the worst sea I have ever been in to be honest and it was pointless being out in it. 

Hoping for better weather tomorrow. Like a mill pond on GY now. 

Hopefully robin will do his duty. 

• Like 1

Lol.. I hope you managed to save some of the fruit pastilles ;) 

It was blowing quite a bit down here so I bet it was a bit rough on the coast.. Big shame it didn't quite go to plan but I enjoyed watching Robin Live.. Pretty special trip..

All crossed for tomorrow.. Try to grab some pics! Have fun :) 

cheers 

Robin and Grendel are on the cameras and video so expecting some good stuff. 

I'm just the driver and fender setter so what do you expect?

if the good lady had been with us I can assure you marriage may be a thing of the past for me. She would have had a serious sense of humour failure!!!!

as they say tomorrow is another day. Mr bond:dance

• Like 1