• Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. As others have stated do NOT rely on a single or two fender hook fixings to support a wringing wet persons weight , you need ideally a through hull fixing with a sturdy mounting plate behind .
  3. I would use the cleat, and before using it check it is really secure to the boat. I have seen fender eyes ripped out of boats just by brushing fenders too hard. the last thing you would want is to get halfway up the ladder and then have the thing it was secured to break loose.
  4. No. You need something bolted right through the fibreglass, with a backing pad. That's what I'd do, if I were me.
  5. things? I'm looking for a place to attach a home - made emergency rope ladder. My plan was to stick a wire across two fender eyelets and hang the ladder from that. Otherwise I could attach the ladder to one eyelet only. Is this a recipe for success or otherwise? The eyelets seem strong but maybe not enough. In general is this a bad idea? Maybe this is an impossible question to answer and I should stick it onto a mooring cleat which, though it would make ladder access inconvenenient should be strong enough. I do have rails along the boat which seem strong too. I'm not sure how to tell
  6. Today
  7. I seem to have a shallow sleep. Disturbed by dreams. Some good, some a bit frightening, but it would seem that I cannot remember them.
  8. Perhaps, just perhaps, this is an opportunity for the Broads Authority to make a contribution to this conversation. After all they take advantage of the tolls that the LA provide. And yet they seem unable to offer a constructive criticism. It would seem that they are unable to contribute or are restricted. There does need to be a dialogue which is sadly lacking.
  9. Jbx5

My Day

At least they are useful it could have been worst with someone with a degree in diversity and inclusion!
  10. The great one going around on social media at the moment is jet planes cloud seeding. Must be true because it was posted by George down the road who got a D in woodwork. Says Mandy who got a C in Domestic science, so must be a scientist.
  11. Instead? Blooming predictive text again! Irstead! We had a very pleasant walk to Alderfen Broad this afternoon. A bit rainy on the way back though.
  12. Hi Natasha, welcome to the forum. I wouldn't recommend Brundall Gardens Marina, try all the others first.
  13. I have just seen a trailer for a new channel 4 series. 'Narrow Escapes' is about live aboards on the canal network, first episode is at 4.00pm next Monday.....might be worth setting to record?
  14. Welcome to the forum Natasha52.......very best of luck with your boat and moorings.
  15. I'll 2nd Will Kirby. He did our boat last month. Great service provided.
  16. Following the electrical upgrades I've made to the boat (and posted elsewhere on this forum) I thought it might be worthwhile seeing if anybody could make use of the items I removed from the boat before I disposed of them. Sterling Pro Combi Q - combined invertor charger 12v DC / 240v Quasi Sine wave 1500 watt Includes remote control panel. good working condition £75.00 3 x Battery combiners 12volts / 100amps good working order. £5.00 each Advec battery management unit 12V Negative regulation. good working order. £15.00 45 x Legrand fuses 6x2amp, 15x4amp, 9x6amp, 5x8amp, 5x10amp, 5x16amp all checked and in good working order. £10.00 for the lot Webasto HL18D heater - full unit sold for spares Non-working when we purchased the boat Fuel pump and glow plug tested and working. Not able to test the SG 1559 control unit so pulled it out of the boat. £40.00 Can bring anything wanted to the Spring Meet at Salhouse on the 18/19th May (I’ll be there on the Saturday) if this helps, or could meet up at Beccles when I'm in the area. DM me if you have any questions. Donation will be made to the NBN following any sales. Thanks for looking …….
  17. And also the day of Shakespeare's death, possibly that of his birth, as he was baptised on the 26th.
  18. Richardsons in Stalham have a laundry, toilets, showers and an onsite café.
  19. To be honest I sleep like a log but I find getting up 6am ish and having a busy day does the trick. Try not to have a nap during the day. I usually have 30 minutes in the chair on an afternoon and then go on to have a good nine hours at night. I'm lucky I suppose.
  20. Welcome to the forum. If you are looking for the southern broads then Brundall Gardens Marina at Brundall would suit you. All the facilities you need and WiFi. If you have another base and leave the boat occasionally then you wouldn't be classed as a residential boater.
  21. Hi There. I've just brought a boat, currently hard standing on a yard in the broads. I am looking for somewhere to berth her in Noforlk,where I can stay on her for long periods of time. I have a offshore base but want to be on her 12 days in every 14. I need electric hook up, water as a min. Laundry and toilets a bonus. Any ideas ?
  22. Doing well for choice moorings so far this trip. We got the spot at Instead on the electric post. 😊
  23. My friend Rene's mum kept chickens in her garden back in the 50's, but couldn't kill one when the time came. So she carried it down to the local butchers at the bottom of the road, who would do the necessary, and then walk back with the deceased and pluck and prepare it for the pot. Was different in those days, I can't see the local Morrisons butcher welcoming a woman with a live chicken under her arm, asking him to despatch it!
  24. I started listening to it, but fell asleep!
  1. Load more activity
  • Sponsors

Norfolk Broads Network is run by volunteers - You can help us run it by making a donation

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.