• Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. And also the day of Shakespeare's death, possibly that of his birth, as he was baptised on the 26th.
  3. Richardsons in Stalham have a laundry, toilets, showers and an onsite café.
  4. To be honest I sleep like a log but I find getting up 6am ish and having a busy day does the trick. Try not to have a nap during the day. I usually have 30 minutes in the chair on an afternoon and then go on to have a good nine hours at night. I'm lucky I suppose.
  5. Today
  6. Welcome to the forum. If you are looking for the southern broads then Brundall Gardens Marina at Brundall would suit you. All the facilities you need and WiFi. If you have another base and leave the boat occasionally then you wouldn't be classed as a residential boater.
  7. Hi There. I've just brought a boat, currently hard standing on a yard in the broads. I am looking for somewhere to berth her in Noforlk,where I can stay on her for long periods of time. I have a offshore base but want to be on her 12 days in every 14. I need electric hook up, water as a min. Laundry and toilets a bonus. Any ideas ?
  8. Doing well for choice moorings so far this trip. We got the spot at Instead on the electric post. 😊
  9. My friend Rene's mum kept chickens in her garden back in the 50's, but couldn't kill one when the time came. So she carried it down to the local butchers at the bottom of the road, who would do the necessary, and then walk back with the deceased and pluck and prepare it for the pot. Was different in those days, I can't see the local Morrisons butcher welcoming a woman with a live chicken under her arm, asking him to despatch it!
  10. I started listening to it, but fell asleep!
  11. ..... and that's how I ended up in A & E 😁
  12. There is a programme on Radio 4 now, inside health, It is on insomnia. It should be available on catch up.
  13. Maybe not my favourite Quo track, but it does bear the hallmarks! 😉
  14. Whoaaaaa! I take it your better half doesn’t read the Forum! 😉
  15. A great piece of work, downloaded for printing later Thanks.
  16. My great grandparents dads side, kept pigs, so whenever dad visited them ( 50 mile journey, one change of train) a large parcel would return with him to his parents house.
  17. I've supported St George for many years.... I married the Dragon! Happy St Georges Day
  18. From the Hello album - volume up and enjoy 😁 https://youtu.be/4L_9H8WTTSw?si=WmgSFhSeoNBSPjxk
  19. I must have been Living on an Island, as I haven’t heard that one! 😂
  20. Thank you for remembering, Mark. Happy St George’s Day to you too and to anyone else who is sufficiently patriotic to mark the day! I never used to, but the more I’m told that either I can’t or I shouldn’t, because it isn’t inclusionary, the more I will! 😁
  21. Softer Ride would work, then not work, then work... 😂 Love that track 👍
  22. Snooker. That’s one thing guaranteed to send me to sleep. Snooker. I recognise the skill of the players and their ability to plan several shots in advance by planning where the cue ball will come to rest after each shot, but it just sends me to sleep. Wouldn’t do it for me. Nothing like a bit of Quo’s inimitable twelve bar to get the foot tapping. Jean MichelJarre. Remember him? I bought the album Oxygene when it first came out and still haven’t heard it until the end. That also sends me to sleep, without fail. There’s a couple of ideas for you MM, watch some snooker or listen to Oxygene (the album). 😉
  23. We had a very early start this morning so went to bed early. Needless to say couldn't get to sleep, woke up every hour and to top it all we had two mini power cuts which set the bedside clock flashing twice and the phone bleeped because it lost power! It's going to be a long day. Currently waiting to board le Shuttle
  24. Find a very small thing to focus on, a small beam of light or whatever, and concentrate on trying your utmost to keep your eyes slightly open and focused on it. I soon nod off if I do that. Odd. I used a different word starting with c to describe a tiny bit of light, and perhaps implying someone from a large Asian country and the internet automatically put it as *****. Never had that happen before.
  25. How about Dawn and Siegfried's Rhine Journey, from Gotterdammerung? I was up and around about 3 hours ago as well, but I slunk off back to bed without disturbing any of you . . . .
  26. Gosh I got up at 5 , seems I have had a lay in this morning compared to you two. Happy St George's Day to you too. This was all I could find that remotely resembles our flag.
  27. I find having reruns of something like the goons playing quietly in the background does the trick for me
  1. Load more activity
  • Sponsors

Norfolk Broads Network is run by volunteers - You can help us run it by making a donation

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.