• Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Maybe not my favourite Quo track, but it does bear the hallmarks! 😉
  3. Whoaaaaa! I take it your better half doesn’t read the Forum! 😉
  4. A great piece of work, downloaded for printing later Thanks.
  5. My great grandparents dads side, kept pigs, so whenever dad visited them ( 50 mile journey, one change of train) a large parcel would return with him to his parents house.
  6. I've supported St George for many years.... I married the Dragon! Happy St Georges Day
  7. Today
  8. From the Hello album - volume up and enjoy 😁 https://youtu.be/4L_9H8WTTSw?si=WmgSFhSeoNBSPjxk
  9. I must have been Living on an Island, as I haven’t heard that one! 😂
  10. Thank you for remembering, Mark. Happy St George’s Day to you too and to anyone else who is sufficiently patriotic to mark the day! I never used to, but the more I’m told that either I can’t or I shouldn’t, because it isn’t inclusionary, the more I will! 😁
  11. Softer Ride would work, then not work, then work... 😂 Love that track 👍
  12. Snooker. That’s one thing guaranteed to send me to sleep. Snooker. I recognise the skill of the players and their ability to plan several shots in advance by planning where the cue ball will come to rest after each shot, but it just sends me to sleep. Wouldn’t do it for me. Nothing like a bit of Quo’s inimitable twelve bar to get the foot tapping. Jean MichelJarre. Remember him? I bought the album Oxygene when it first came out and still haven’t heard it until the end. That also sends me to sleep, without fail. There’s a couple of ideas for you MM, watch some snooker or listen to Oxygene (the album). 😉
  13. We had a very early start this morning so went to bed early. Needless to say couldn't get to sleep, woke up every hour and to top it all we had two mini power cuts which set the bedside clock flashing twice and the phone bleeped because it lost power! It's going to be a long day. Currently waiting to board le Shuttle
  14. Find a very small thing to focus on, a small beam of light or whatever, and concentrate on trying your utmost to keep your eyes slightly open and focused on it. I soon nod off if I do that. Odd. I used a different word starting with c to describe a tiny bit of light, and perhaps implying someone from a large Asian country and the internet automatically put it as *****. Never had that happen before.
  15. How about Dawn and Siegfried's Rhine Journey, from Gotterdammerung? I was up and around about 3 hours ago as well, but I slunk off back to bed without disturbing any of you . . . .
  16. Gosh I got up at 5 , seems I have had a lay in this morning compared to you two. Happy St George's Day to you too. This was all I could find that remotely resembles our flag.
  17. I find having reruns of something like the goons playing quietly in the background does the trick for me
  18. An owl has started hooting at the nights end, whilst a pigeon has started cooing, welcoming in the first few rays of dawn. I'm rather hoping that the owl will eat the pigeon, thus shutting the pair of them up. I never did have that libation, and now it's too late... or too early, not sure which. I might try that music trick Grendel, sadly most of my music has no lyrics. The birds have stopped trying to out sing each other, possibly because it's started to rain.
  19. one trick I use is playing music very quietly in the background, then as i lay down i can barely hear it, so concentrate on trying to make out the words- leading me to drop straight off, my current background music is status quo.
  20. MM, You are not alone, I too am awake, however I now plan to hit the hot tub for an hour of relaxation there without having to think, then it will be time to get dried and start work for the day. the trick is to concentrate on something so boring and dull that you will fall asleep.
  21. I'm reminded of Marvin's lullaby from the hitch hikers guide to the galaxy. Now the world has gone to bed, Darkness won't engulf my head, because I can see by infra-red, Oh how I hate the night. Now I lay me down to sleep, I try to count electric sheep, Sweet dream wishes you can keep, Oh how I hate the night.
  22. The really annoying thing is that come 08:00 I'll want to go to sleep, just when it's a civilised time to get up.
  23. Cheers 🥃 I'm in the same boat, well not literally otherwise you'd have noticed. My trusted method which I'm about to employ is to find something like a "very interesting" podcast/radio program and follow it carefully. This method is so successful that over many years I have learnt absolutely nothing. Goodnight 👍
  24. It's 03:00 and I can't sleep. I have tossed and turned for the last 4 or 5 hours (well, turned anyway) with no sleep on the horizon. I did wonder if a small libation might help, but I really don't want to start getting up in the middle of the night for booze, trouble lies in that route, besides, I don't actually want a drink!!! Yes, you read that correctly. Now, what to do,,, what to do. If the fishing season was running, I'd lie here and think about having a go. I could lie here and think about cleaning Nyx, but fantasising is not my strong area, well not about boat cleaning anyway. I tried just lying in the dark with my eyes closed, but I just got hot. So I took my leg from under the duvet, and it got cold. Somehow I don't seem able to switch off, which is odd. Normally I spend most of the day trying to switch on. I would have said "trying to turn myself on", but the risk of that being taken the wrong way was far too great. There must be a way, there's got to be a way. I know, I'll lie here and write a whole load of twaddle. Nah that's no good, my posts are twaddle anyway. Do you know... writing this has really woken me up. Sod it. I'm going to pour myself a small libation. Good night.
  25. That is quite a bit of doom and gloom. Something like this is ideal for giving this sort of thing a go. You're not even handling any sort of personal information. Who cares, you're not going to learn if you don't even bother.
  26. And to you my nocturnal friend. I can't sleep either.
  1. Load more activity
  • Sponsors

Norfolk Broads Network is run by volunteers - You can help us run it by making a donation

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.