• Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. The forum is still down and I've no idea if it will be coming back. It's been down some time now. A friend was asking me about Richard only last week, which reminded me that the next time I'm in Oulton Broad I'll take a walk past his boat and check in on him. If you take a look at the Facebook page for On a Roll there are some contact details, although I don't know if they are still current.
  3. Today
  4. Copied from east coast notices to mariners (From Tillergirl of the YBW forums) https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-68203870 3. PORT OF GREAT YARMOUTH - HAVEN BRIDGE LIFT BOOKINGS - owing to a health and safety concern raised by Great Yarmouth Port to Norfolk County Council, Great Yarmouth Port are unable to accept the responsibility and risk related to pedestrians and vehicles experienced during the immediate period prior to the lifting of the Haven Bridge for navigational purposes. We have proposed an interim solution to Norfolk County Council, however this has not been progressed by them. Therefore, Great Yarmouth Port are currently unable to accept bookings for Haven Bridge Lifts for Navigational purposes, and we advise you that any correspondence on this matter be passed to Norfolk County Council who are the owners and responsible party for the overall safety of Haven Bridge. This restriction does not impact any vessels that are able to pass safely under the bridge, who should continue to operate in the normal manner with communication with LPS.
  5. Boating News - Due to high water levels and significant overtopping of the quay-heading at Great Yarmouth we are temporarily closing the Yacht Station. We will re-open when water levels subside. Our Yacht Station team are on-hand to assist anyone currently moored on-site. For any queries please contact the team on 01493 842794 or 07766 398238.
  6. Forum is still down and has been for some time now, I've no idea about Richard as I have never met him as far as I know. As with all forums the wrong mods can cause a lot of problems, luckily we get away easy here. (insert brown nose emoji here)
  7. You could try Alan Sabberton at Sabena in Wroxham .
  8. I am sadly working all weekend but am about on Friday evening if you want a hand lifting stuff?
  9. I can just remember when meat came off rationing. my nan, who lived with us, took me shopping and we stood outside the butchers and she told me to look in the window and pick anything I wanted and I could have it. It was a big event. I remember I chose a lamb chop! Carole
  10. Now, this matter has arisen on a different thread and I don't want to derail that thread especially as my motive seems to have been misunderstood. It regards the NBF, and it's owner Richard. I heard he was unwell and that his forum appears to be down. I did not have any direct problem with Richard, it was some unpleasantness from the forum moderators, aimed at me personally that stopped me posting there. It is with that in mind that I ask genuinely, how is Richard? And what state is the forum.
  11. Hi, Great holiday tale, now looking forward to my break in July on Pacific Sunshine. I noticed in the photos they show Juliette, not sure if Jayne was around as well. Either way she needs about 5ft 11 for Potter so would take a miracle to get under unless they ballast here down. Believe it hasn't seen more than 5ft 9 in recent weeks so they must be Either running here from Potter or getting the whole yard on here to way here down Neil
  12. I can come and cook for you Griff but you might be better off having a meal in t pub Grace x
  13. An issue like that should be fairly easy to spot with a snoop down the engine bay, the prop can't slip up a taper so it has to be a gearbox coupling or engine mounts as Vaughan says, depending on your setup it's possible the shaft coupling is loose and the shaft has pushed through which should be a fairly easy fix if it's just a clamp up type.
  14. Talking of pot holes, in this country we used to drive on the left, now we drive on what's left of the road Griff
  15. Speaking of Mums mine passed in 2016, when clearing her house, the third bedroom under the bed we found jar upon jar of jam from the 1970s. It was good enough to tarmac the road with. Perhaps we should have kept them and used them to fill the pot holes outside in the road.
  16. Now then, I'm due to arrive onboard this Friday evening I could do with a hand this Saturday morning. I have a portable thicknessing planer to move out of our wetshed locker into my van, its heavy, a two man lift into our trolley than a two man lift into my van. Anyone likely to be around? Then I have six heavy leisure batteries to change over. Then on completion I will be sailing to Thurne dyke (Or maybe another location?)- It'd be easier with a crew member onboard to assist me with lowering the canopy down for Ludham bridge if there is less than 7ft7" headroom Then a hand to consume a few libations in the Lion followed by a return cruise to Griffs Corner on t Ant again through Ludham bridge Then overnight where I'll be doing some bank clearance prior to sunset (Wx permitting) followed by libations and a film of some description on t goggle box prior to lights out Sunday morning, a fairly early start, cruise back to wetshed and home. I need to be back at home nlt 1600 so must depart Stalham nlt 1200 I'll provide the scran onboard and do the cooking Saturday teatime (Unless you wanna do it) So if anyone fancies a river trip with an overnighter - Let me know (Able bodied only please) I can of course do the whole lot on my todd but will struggle moving the planer and thought some one might like a trip out, there is room for up to four crew - You'll need bedding / sleeping bag Cheers, Griff
  17. Hands up anyone that hasnt dont something like this. I know I have. Thought I had got out some chicken puffs and they turned out to be apple. Didnt go down well. I do try now to label things.
  18. Sorry I can't recommend an engineer but this sounds a bit strange. I can only think that the "Silentbloc" engine mountings have deteriorated, which has allowed the whole engine to move forward. Might be worth checking this before anything else.
  19. I can just remember the rationing and I have still got my ration card, somewhere in a box. My mother kept 200 chickens in runs in the wood on the island, with a licence to sell the eggs to the "Min. of Ag. and Fish."
  20. Yesterday
  21. You can’t beat reading β€˜The Coot Club’ whilst on a sailing holiday on a Hunter’s boat.
  22. Have either of those ever happened in practice?
  23. I just scanned the photo and it worked
  24. I wonder if the Qr code still works 😁
  1. Load more activity
  • Sponsors

Norfolk Broads Network is run by volunteers - You can help us run it by making a donation

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.