• Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. As most of you know , we are moored in Richos wetshed , Richardsons have a strict no outside contractors rule (with a few exceptions) to this end , does anyone know , or have , a mooring with electricity and water which I could hire for a day so as to enable me to get Pipedreams cleaned and polished . I have found a contractor able to do the work and they have full insurance etc in place Edited to add on the northern rivers
  3. Today
  4. If you are in a marina it's a good idea to ask the marina owner who they recommend. It's also a subtle way of asking them if they mind you bringing an outside contractor in.
  5. I've had Tony do the inspections for many years. Always professional and helpful. I'm at Stalham too.
  6. The good service from Horning Pleasurecraft continues.
  7. Hi, on looking again, I think the length of the sections for low water slack may also be too long as well. I've looked at a few differing days and on 1st May around 1pm the animation shows the flood as far as the mouth of the Chet, and everything above as low water slack. Because the rivers drain the land they continue to ebb until the incoming flood meets the outgoing ebb and then starts to hold it back and then eventually pushes it back. So Norwich would certainly still be ebbing and probably all the way down to Cantley at least, if the flood has just reached the mouth of the Chet.
  8. At first glance all looks pretty good. One slight critique is that your animation for the New Cut appears to show the tide ebbing from some mid point towards both ends of the New Cut. In actual fact when the tide is ebbing the current runs from the St Olaves end towards the Reedham end. The reverse happens when the tide is flooding. It runs all the way along the New Cut from Reedham to St Olaves.
  9. Looks good on first impression - will you be adding a Print function to the website so that we can print off a hard copy? Chris
  10. Hi Everyone I've been working on a website side project over the last half year or so. It's a tides website along the lines of the norfolk-broads.org page which has been around for ages. This site hads an animated explorable map of the broads which shows the current tide state for each section of the river. I've just got it online this past week. It's at broads.live. There are some more details about the site itself on the about page. Good to have some people check it out. Sam
  11. Tony Urwin Banks Boats Wayford Bridge. Welcome to the forum Kindest Regards Marge and Parge
  12. to the forum. Will Kirby is excellent Freshwater Marine Services 12 The Chase, Blofield, Norwich Norfolk, NR13 4LZ Tel: 01603 717355E-mail: info@freshwatermarine.co.uk
  13. Hi all, I’ve just joined this forum, hope you can help, can you recommend a couple of inspectors as my certificate has just run out, I’m in Stalham
  14. Yes, Strowagers Shorebase is showing 13.07 today. They do state that all times are GMT so it's just a case of adding an hour. I've always used them and find them very reliable. As I'm mainly out in winter no adjustment needed but we will be afloat in May so I'll make a mental note to add an hour!!
  15. The lads at GYYS have posted on Facebook, as they do through the season, that low at Yarmouth today is at 14:44.
  16. Thursday 18th April We arrived onboard sometime after 11am, with full carload of two dogs. I’d prepared the boat ready for the off last week, so after a trip to do the food shopping and one or two social catchings-up, we departed before 1pm. Too late to use low tide through Great Yarmouth so I was only aiming for somewhere on the Bure. Pretty mooring or practical mooring? I pondered fleet dyke, boundary farm and either end of Upton dyke, but settled for the electric post (with £1.90 credit - result!) at Acle bridge. Keeping Tony warm and comfy is a major consideration early on in this trip. He’s had the tube heater on in the cabin all night and could put the little ceramic heater on for a blast if he needs to get up in the night. After a couple of nights, it’s getting warmer at night, so my idea is to set in his head that he’s been warm and snug! Today we’re meant to across Breydon late afternoon. The jury is still slightly out on this as the forecast keeps changing. Was plus 40mph wind just for this afternoon, then it changed to that round 3pm only, now changed again to longer. I’ll give the yacht station a ring, but expect we’ll ‘brave it’. If not, it’ll be tomorrow pm instead as I have no intention of a dawn raid down south tomorrow morning I’ll be interested to hear about Tony’s night’s sleep as it’s been quite noisy with bow slap and Charlie dog always potters about in the night, jumping on and off the sofa, walking up and down the corridor to sniff under the cabin doors, unlike Finlay who stretches out on the sofa and that’s that till I appear next morning. If necessary, I might wander up to the chemist in Acle this morning and see if they’ve got any earplugs to sell him. Charlie was straight out into the front well when we set off, he always likes to watch what’s outside. In contrast Finlay never goes out there, it’s difficult to entice him out when moored up and his food bowl is put out there. It’s wierd how totally different characters they have. They are brothers (Charlie being older by two years).
  17. I agree. I've just compared the Aweigh app prediction for Gorleston today and tomorrow with the Broads authority tide predictions for the same area and they are not that different - and the broads authority do say that their predictions have been adjusted for BST. Chris
  18. I think they’re BST as I was using it at the end of March when the clocks changed and I remember making a point of seeing whether they moved forward by an appropriate amount between the Saturday and the Sunday. Unless I’m imagining it, they did. Also, I’m hoping to go through Yarmouth today and low is about 14.15 according to aweigh, but 13.07 according to the tide table on the one from broads.org (?) that I’ve printed off - the one that used to use BST but has reverted to GMT all year.
  19. I don’t know either, it’s not clear is it? All I can say is the sunrise and sunset times appear to be BST…😎
  20. Hi All probably already been answered but are the tide times on the app BST or GMT? I can't see the info on the app Kindest Regards Marge and Parge
  21. Yesterday
  22. I got slightly worried yesterday evening. The owners who were on board MS this week, but who could only use part of their week, reported that the batteries didn’t appear to be charging properly and lights were flickering when not on shore power. Luckily for the syndicate, the guys at Horning Pleasurecraft have already checked things out and discovered it was due to a loose wire on one of the batteries. That’s a good outcome. Much better than having to shell out for new batteries!
  23. I saw the thread at the top of the list of posts at 9pm and thought ‘oh no, I’ve missed the quiz’. Then realised it’s only Thursday! Hopefully I’ll be in a spot with good signal tomorrow night.
  24. Brilliant! This is a fantastic project and I look forward to following your progress I've repaired many wooden boats some very extensively but never built one from scratch but always had the desire Thanks for sharing best regards
  25. We say we'll done you. Not a job for the faint hearted. Only thing I would do is go and pick up the parts on my own as if Marge is in Argos there is always something she needs while we are there . To know your way around an alternator is a big string to your bow it will probably help with starters as well. Kindest Regards Marge and Parge
  26. There'd be a reason for that! Take a closer look.
  27. Keep it all quiet down the Local Gracie incase you apply for a chef's job. Kindest Regards Marge and Parge
  1. Load more activity
  • Sponsors

Norfolk Broads Network is run by volunteers - You can help us run it by making a donation

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.