• Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I certainly had some fun at Thurne with the wind this afternoon.
  3. Paid my £849 last week. The visitor tolls are crazy prices though, surely 1 month should be 1/12 of the annual cost with maybe 10% for admin. Sounds like the BA want to discourage short term visitors.
  4. Today
  5. Any waterborne visitors to the Broads are gonna be getting fleeced at the eye watering visitor toll prices. Added to that GYA port authority charging a £20 transit fee too Griff
  6. Seeing the weather forecast, we didn’t cruise anywhere today either. The dogs enjoyed a walk this morning at Caister-on-Sea and we just hunkered down this afternoon. I just hope the strong winds die down before we visit Boulter’s tomorrow morning!
  7. I presume you have a hot water cylinder? id go for a normal domestic mixer shower,then you won’t be reliant on shore power. your boat seems to be set up to be quite reliant on a 240 v supply . there are no power supplies outside of the marinas on the Ouse. our broom 30 is all geared for basic mooring and it works quite well but one can get a bit paranoid about battery charge levels😆
  8. I have today paid the Blessed Authority £405:00 for a 28 x day visitor toll for 'B.A' It commences on 01st Apr through to 28th Apr when we must pay the balance for the remainder of the year - £333:80. We are supposed to display the visitor toll sticker whilst out on the rivers – We ain’t gonna bother, besides it won’t get to me in the post now until Saturday at the earliest and I’m away shortly from today till Monday then home Griff
  9. Urgent Boating News - Oulton Broad - Mutford Lock Following the emergency diving operations, notice is hereby given that Mutford Lock is now fully operational again. When planning passage or for other enquiries, please contact Oulton Broad Yacht Station on 01502 531778 or VHF Channel 73. Please contact the Broads Authority, Yare House, 62-64 Thorpe Road, Norwich, Norfolk, NR1 1RY Tel (01603) 610734 if additional information is required. 28th March 2024 Waterways Project Officer
  10. You remember our conversation from a few months ago . . . . . you know, when I said ‘you don’t buy a boat, you buy a hole in the water to throw money into.’
  11. I had one on my calypso, I replaced it with a new one as a previous repair had failed. I did the same on Whitey but beware that if you lose flow it is probably due to the feed filter being blocked with chalk. That was an easy fix fortunately.
  12. Everything I've heard about the NDR from people in infrastructure seems to suggest that the Western Link was always planned, but that the council knew they'd never get the cost approved to build it in one go so they split the project into two. The overall cost of doing so (allowing for inflation, analysis etc) is almost certainly going to be more but that's public sector procurement...
  13. Yes, there was one on the boat, and Jones gave me another that had spare.
  14. Take this with a massive pinch of salt because it's from those talented folk at Archant. https://www.edp24.co.uk/news/local-council/20769218.controversial-175-000-bat-bridges-ndr-work-surveys-reveal/
  15. Do you have the ea key as well as the windlass?
  16. We had exactly the same one on Luna with the same issues. Graham disconnected it and replaced it with a modern shower bar from Screwfix for £45 . We are going to buy the same one for Mermaid
  17. The shower I have on A Frayed Know it an old Mira 88, that were quite popular back in the day on these Brooms and Sheerlines too I think. However, it was not working very well, with the temperature and flow knobs being very stiff. On reading up on this, the consensus was to replace all the seals etc, so I bought a service kit and new white knobs, and stripped it down thinking it would be an easy job ... but Oh No ! Having taken the internals home to clean up before fitting the new seals etc, after cleaning up the brass outer housing ("cover assembly") I noticed a massive crack in it, so when it was all reassembled it just spouted water everywhere. And of course, there are no isolating valves fitted, so I had to turn all the water off. Having spoken to the workshop at Jones, they said to repair the crack (by silver soldering) would not be worth it and probably wouldn't last long, and the replacement part is not cheap. So for now, they have capped off the hot and cold feed so at least I can have the water back on again for now. I could try and replace the shower with a whole new unit, but that will be fiddly and costly and I would probably have to get the workshop to do it, as plumbing is not a strong point of mine. As I already bought the service kit and knobs, I want to try and keep this one going if I can. So my question is ... does anyone have an old Mira 88 unit they are no longer using, that I could have the cover assembly from ?
  18. They have given me a mooring at the end of the sales pontoon, until a 'better' one is available I was up last Sunday again, doing a few bits, and did go out on the river just up to St. Ives bridge and back a few times, to make sure everything was OK. At the time, the lock was still closed with a red 'X', but not reversed, and the river flow was quite slow. I now own a windlass, so in theory if the lock was working I could go through - if I was feeling brave enough ! Our plan is to be up on Sunday too, and spend the night aboard returning home on Monday. Hopefully that will include getting out on the river one way or another.
  19. Pop in and see our own Maurice Minor too 🤣🤣🤣
  20. They do know they are NOT in use - they have been studying them for some time with cameras and bat detection equipment and have found no evidence that they are being used as intended.
  21. I would imagine its the same person who has earnt millions being one of the stars of Towie. Imagine having an IQ low enough to earn all that money Just saying!
  22. That would depend on what state of the current paint surface. I would at the very least scotch pad the area to key it up.
  1. Load more activity
  • Sponsors

Norfolk Broads Network is run by volunteers - You can help us run it by making a donation

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.