• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

• Forum Shop

If you would like to support the forum, please consider visiting the forum shop, where you can purchase such items as NBN Burgees, Window Stickers, or even a custom Limited Edition Wooden Throttle Control Knob

Forum Shop

All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. No getting away from it, those good folk from South of the River Colne do tend to 'talk all funny'!
  3. Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app
  4. Guess she'll float a bit lop sided then...
  5. I would guess that most farmers markets are selling stuff they can't sell to the supermarkets for one reason or another. As far as single use plastics go, if people generally are too bone idle.to.do.anything then we need legislation. Ban it, then after a reasonable period for old stock to be used up start fining any companies packaging that is found 'in the wild' to pay for the clear up. And make the fines really hurt. Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app
  6. Today
  7. Spend the day cruising with my youngest and his girlfriend , ended up at Womack Water for lunch at The Kings , Ludham . Dropped them back off at Ranworth where they had parked up , pleasant journey to tonight’s resting place at Gayes Staithe again , off home in the morning .
  8. Just as I was looking for the next book to read! Many thanks for the recommendation ECIPA
  9. I’m glad to hear that you avoided being hit over the weekend, unlike a certain boater on another site. Not wishing to be too controversial, I thought the standards of boatmanship were pretty good on our trip out, apart from the usual speeding. We did see the rangers warning boaters of speeding at How Hill. Roll on our next trip out!
  10. Loads of info via Google! http://www.norfolkpubs.co.uk/norfolkr/reedham/reedhbm.htm
  11. Half a generation ago they were, but they probably are more akin to Cockney which has mostly migrated to Essex as an accent, although the new towns of Hertfordshire retain some pockets. Now it's mostky Jafaican (not sure of that's a real accent), especially the youngsters, and estuary for those that "speak posh". Having grown up in stevenage and lived in London most of my adult life, I'd have to let others diagnose my particular drawl.
  12. Rick-kay and Bee-An-Kar yelling at each other finished it for me. Stereotypical Londoners? Maybe!
  13. I don't think it's been mentioned here yet, but David Blake an author from North London has started writing crime novels set around the Broads. The first one Broadland is available now. The second one St Benet's is available for pre order. I have started reading Broadland and it's good so far. http://www.david-blake.com/
  14. When I can I visit farmers market.I agree never always cheap.Supermarkets have purchasing power.That said I like to support local shops,farms when I can.
  15. I tend to agree... but I'll refute "always was" It used to have some of the highest viewing figures on T.V. and tackled important issues of the day. Sadly not so much now. Although it's still pulling regular audiences of 3 to 4 million an episode which is more than most "broadcast" shows. I've not watched it since the whole Ronnie Mitchell stole Cat's baby debacle.
  16. They most definitely are not, but I probably cannot say more than that!
  17. Even more so than Jeremy Kyle? Surely not all Eastenders are as portrayed by the BBC, are they?
  18. Not sure you have time for all this free advice Doug, Soon be August you know !
  19. Near where I live there is Beccles Farmer's Market and very good it's always been. From a point of view of value it's never been that good. Despite there being no middle man there does seem to be a perception that what is on offer are premium products therefore justifying a higher price. I'm not entirely convinced by that argument but the burgers and mugs of tea on offer make a visit to the market worthwhile. Bit of a social event really.
  20. Hmmmmm, Eastenders?. Always was, still is, and always will be the biggest load of UTTER CRAP ever put on television.
  21. Which Clifford Allen boat did you hire ? Sent from the Norfolk Broads Network mobile app
  22. There might be a demographic issue regarding a yard's targeted customer base, who knows. Could be headed towards deep water on that one !
  23. Hi All; I'm a stranger here, so thanks for reading, but know that the pub was owned by members of my family back in the 19th century and possibly up to the early 20th, ( tho I might be confusing the latter with a different Reedham pub ). So; I was wondering whether anyone had any historical information on the Nelson, going back any further? Or I anything to do with the Goffen family. They lived in Reedham until about the second world war and were a presence there for at least a couple of hundred years. Thanks again for reading, as I know that this is a little left field for the forum. Al Goffen
  24. Statistically the chances of being hit by a boat from the largest hire yard on the Broads has to be far greater. What would be more interesting to know is what each yards share of accidents is as a percentage of the total amounts of accidents involving hire boats, and then what each yards percentage is as a total number of hire boats. In theory the two figures should be very close, but I'm guessing that the figures from some yards might be higher than their share of the market would suggest. A second interesting figure for comparison would be the number of handovers completed per member of staff. I suspect the quality and length of hand over probably varies quite a bit. Will be out for a week soon. Looking on Facebook and another forum, seems like I'd better put in a quick order for another set of fenders and noise cancelling head phones. Or do my usual and just take it as it comes, after all I'm on holiday.
  1. Load more activity
  • NBN Mobile App

Want to use NBN when you're out and about?

Get our mobile app for Android and iOS!

Get it on Google Play

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.