Jump to content

Koolwabbit

Members
  • Content Count

    52
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by Koolwabbit

  1. Off subject slightly, during lock down I have been watching utube vlogs on the  canals. My question is , a canal wide enough for two craft but only one towpath. How did the boats ,before motorised, cross ?

    Nigel

  2. Marshmallow,  does this mean as I am not allowed to sail on the left, in your eyes, I cannot visit Loddon due to trees blocking my way ? What then happens to all the sail craft in marinas up  stream ?

    Nigel

    • Like 1
  3. A big problem I have is motoring up the Chet to Loddon and there are a couple of bends where I have to motor on the wrong side (mast up) . Why ? Overhanging trees. A lot of hirers forget to take in the height of my mast

    Nigel

  4. What makes me curious,  only 10% of test results are positive covid , what are the other 90% ? considering one is supposed to have symptoms to get a test done. Also couriers are photographing deliveres now instead of signatures so what happens to the photos?

    Nigel

    • Like 1
  5. My theory, coronavirus causes death. Not sure but i believe the cause of death is due to difficulty to breathe.  Is it not possible that air polution is the real danger. Wuhan , London,  New York, Italy, Spain are all high risk polution areas. where as Germany has a very low polution record. Maybe that is why we are being told to stay indoors. Maybe covid19 is as simple as flu but because it attacks the lungs and we are all affected by air polution the death rate is high.

    Just a thought, Nigel

  6. What can I do ? Found something I want (Boat item) on Gumtree. Won't be able to collect for maybe 12 weeks. Do I pay now or hope seller will reserve for said period ?

    Koolwabbit

  7. Morning all, just going to launch my GP14 that I have just acquired. I will be buying a weekly toll as it will probably have to be pulled out again for repairs to leaks. The question is , Where do I put the ticket for the ranger to see, especially with this wet weather ?

    Thanks Koolwabbit

  8. Hi been up loddon all day . Feeding the fish with bits of bread , should be a good season, but that's not what I want to talk about. Hire craft pulls in and a very snooty male gets out a rod and starts fishing. I politely said that he should be careful or he would be caught fishing out of season. He unpolitely said he was fly fishing and was allowed. I says never heard that one to which he replied he had phoned up to check and was told he could. Is this correct ? 

    Nigel (roll on the 16th )

  9. Just watched a movie on this channel that might be of interest. Only ten minutes long but called A River trip along the ant and about a couple on holiday on a cruiser reg  number B 753 . The film was made in the fifty.  Had a good shot of The Kings Head at Laconic. 

    Nigel

    • Like 1
  10. 21 hours ago, Ray said:

    I think the general perception is down to the fact that for most be8ng on a boat is our down time or indeed holiday, anyone that enjoys a tipple even in moderation generally takes a glass or two when relaxing and enjoying life.

    I very much enjoy a beer or two when onboard or in a broads pub, but never to excess (since my youth anyway).

    I believe I have found the answer to my OP. Since I retired I have been out on my boat for a few days every week and forgot others are not so lucky. So getting out on the water is special and is used for recreation and relaxation. Both go well with a relaxing drink. Especially when on holiday. I don't drink but my partner and our five adult children do . Probably 100's on the broads don't either. 

    Nigel

    • Like 4
  11. When I started this thread I wasn't saying anything about not having a tipple. What I was getting at was , as has been mentioned, it seems one feels that being on a boat means getting out glasses and pouring a drink whilst on the move or stationary. When I get in at home or on board , or even visiting , a cuppa is normally offered . There again I would never ever consider a drink whilst behind the wheel of my car so what is different about a boat ? 

    Nigel

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

For details of our Guidelines, please take a look at the Terms of Use here.