Noisy Neighbours

BrundallNavy

Andy, does this apply to people running warm air heating (fumes noise etc.) late into the night also? Far more irritating than an engine running IMHO.

Of course we all find different things annoy different groups of people,  what next the smell of a curry cooking?

• Like 1

Sorry for the late reply, I've been boating :love

I was referring to running of engines late into the night, but nuisance noise at anytime can be reported and that doesn't mean just engines.

I believe there's an old byelaw that states should a person be found cooking bacon with the windows open, then that person must share said bacon with passing Rangers. :wave 

• Like 9

Not quite river related but where I live there's an older lady who goes out in her garden whistling and calling her cat back very loudly.

I suppose I can't say much about her doing it every few hours during the daytime but when she does it every night at 11pm it is really starting to grate on me.

some people just have no clue or care for the disturbance they are causing other people no matter where you are. 

• Like 1

One of the best ways to win friends and influence people, fry bacon with the windows open, how can anyone resist that yummy aroma. I would share a bacon sarnie with you any day of the week A.J.B. :naughty: Sorry Stuart but you did call me fickle ;)

Back on topic, as dnks has just proved, it's not just boating but in all areas of our lives, some people have no respect for others, they are the one's we should definitely alert the rangers about, maybe some are in innocent ignorance and only need to be gently told the once, others, keel hauling springs to mind :D

Grace

• Like 5