Worst Night On The Broads Ever

1Drab1

1 minute ago, JawsOrca said:

When it's like this link.  Living on.a boat is such a stupid idea.. thankfully we have (Had) a sheltered mooring but still meter swell here and debris everywhere. And me and the cat got no sleep. (Cats a wimp).

Where have you been moored we are leaving acle bridge and heading up the ant

• Like 1

Just now, 1Drab1 said:

Sadly we are home in Kent. Didn't manage to get up.there for easter. Although I'm kinda glad as Orca doesnt like wind and would be a bit stuck. Hope it doesn't affect yours etc others holidays too much. cheers 

4 minutes ago, JawsOrca said:

Sadly we are home in Kent. Didn't manage to get up.there for easter. Although I'm kinda glad as Orca doesnt like wind and would be a bit stuck. Hope it doesn't affect yours etc others holidays too much. cheers 

Orca  all safe n well as of last eve Alan

• Like 3

Just now, Baitrunner said:

I'd definitely get tucked in somewhere sheltered because it looks like another bucket of poop is on its way for lunchtime. 

Was bad enough I the house last night. Would definitely not have wanted to be afloat. 

Good luck. 

Well its blowing a right hoolie here now on the Essex coast ............. glad we got back last night..........

59 minutes ago, 1Drab1 said:

Up the Ant in the wind ... let us know how you get on. I've always found that to be a challenge when turning in off the Bure in a strong breeze. Hope you don't have to hold at Ludham Bridge.

Looking on the webcam at Wroxham there doesn't seem to be any boats on the move or any dayboats out and about yet.

3 hours ago, 1Drab1 said:

This has to be the worse weather I've ever experienced on a boat on the broads the wind the swell the water and pump out tanks swashing side to side did anyone else have trouble or just me

Where were you moored?

If on the open river, then yes, I would imagine  it would not be very pleasant at all.

cheersIain

33 minutes ago, BroadScot said:

Where were you moored?

If on the open river, then yes, I would imagine  it would not be very pleasant at all.

cheersIain

Hi Iain

yes we were outside the bridge inn just at Womack island now in the cover for a few hours

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SwanR said:

Up the Ant in the wind ... let us know how you get on. I've always found that to be a challenge when turning in off the Bure in a strong breeze. Hope you don't have to hold at Ludham Bridge.

Looking on the webcam at Wroxham there doesn't seem to be any boats on the move or any dayboats out and about yet.

We have ditched the boat at womack island it's well sheltered just put a film on for the kids while we have a good clean up we'll be heading off about 2oclock 

• Like 2

We have crossed Hickling in a force 8, that was interesting, but Breydon is a lot longer and can whip up some big waves, if wind over tide and all that...

I wonder if Spirit of Breydon is on duty today, after all, this is the main reason it was bought.

Having committed to Breydon, I wouldn't like to do a turn around on it, safer to continue I would have thought, well at least in our boat.

We went to Hunters, but wished we had gone for the island, would have been more sheltered, definitely... I didn't feel great leaving the boat on it's mooring at Potter, but I guess it has sat through worse... Just feels as though the mast will come down!  It's a lot taller than our little Prelude!!  The Hunters yachts are so low and beamy, they hardly move, but our Pegasus was heeling on its mooring!

2 hours ago, Viking23 said:

We have crossed Hickling in a force 8, that was interesting, but Breydon is a lot longer and can whip up some big waves, if wind over tide and all that...

I wonder if Spirit of Breydon is on duty today, after all, this is the main reason it was bought.

Having committed to Breydon, I wouldn't like to do a turn around on it, safer to continue I would have thought, well at least in our boat.

I believe Spirit of Breydon was on the hard standing at Thorpe yesterday..........

3 hours ago, 1Drab1 said:

It's still better than being at home Iain we will be on the move again at 2ish heading for salhouse or even horning staithe if there is room and we'll take the kids to biWILDerwood 

I am probably a bit late but BeWilderwood has closed for the day.