• Announcements

Welcome! New around here? Take a look at the New Members' Guide for some pointers.

Not a member yet? Sign up here and you can soon be chatting away with friends old and new..

Check out our Handy Information section if you're after something quickly!

Sixty Years a Fisherman (John Wilson)

Norton1

John Wilson.

Fishing at Sywell country park. Came into the local. asked him for signature. Ignored every one in the pub.

But then again, he was famous. just like anyone who does not have to work for a living.

Sorry, but it is a pet hate of mine. We put them up on their pedastals by buying there books and watching their programs, be they fishermen, footballers or anything else, but a more ignorant man I have never met than John Wilson.

cheersbar

He used to have a tackle shop in Norwich. I took my son i with me one day - he was a fan as well. John was kindness itself to my lad, gave him an autographed photo, which was treasured for years. A real gent.

We all have off days I suppose. Ha we caught him on a different day, we could have a different view.

• 4 months later...
Guest DAYTONA-BILL

Hi all, speaking from experience, i would say that one mans celebrity is another mans object of distain. I`ve met a few (only a few) famous people, most i`ve forgotten about, but some are really polite and some are pig ignorant. But then, other people have met the same as i and have said how nice or ill mannered they are. My cousin`s husband is an actor, though not of the celebrity set, but is well aquainted with many who are, and he`s often told us about several of this countries much loved actors and actresses who are`t very nice at all. They`re just playing the system in some way or another, and taking the fame and fortune that goes with it, and most of them don`t really give a damn about the likes of the public. Regards and a happy new year to all........................Neil. :):):):)