Rightly The Golden Rule Is . . . . .

JennyMorgan

1 hour ago, donnygeoff said:

sailing boats darting erratically from side to side along the river without consideration for any other vessel."

This is what you miss Gracie when you are hiding down below !:naughty:

cheersIain

P.s. With regards to the 5000 pubs, perhaps you had better go and check that figure out Howard! I am sure there will be others willing to tag along with you in the quest! :naughty:

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Labrador said:

If you go to norfolk pubs.co.uk their homepage proclaims currently 5000 pubs in Norfolk. Don't know when that page was created.

I think that's probably a bit out of date Lab. There were only 50,000 pubs in the UK in 2014 probably a good few less now. So I think 10% of UK pubs is probably a bit much. I'll check with my colleagues in Norwich CAMRA to get a definitive number. 

Incidentally the Norfolk pubs is an excellent resource but does list every pub including all the closed ones. So there may be some confusion there. I will check though :-)

26 minutes ago, Labrador said:

If you go to norfolk pubs.co.uk their homepage proclaims currently 5000 pubs in Norfolk. Don't know when that page was created.

Just looking at the home page again it says " 5,000 pubs currently listed" bit confusing but I'm pretty sure it means all pubs listed on the database (including closed ones) rather than currently trading (if that makes sense) :-) 

The comment about the erratic sailing boats didn't make me smile much.... predictable nonsense, from someone who by his own admission was drinking into the early hours that night and had the hangover from hell the next day... Oh goody, and now he's at the controls of this big boat he is incapable of handling (by his own admission) past a few sailing boats on the Thurne.  :norty:

I agree with Mark, although it did appear to come across as though he was just on a pub crawl and 5000 of them, Howard would never come home :rolleyes: The comment about the Sailie thingies, even I know that's how these beautiful Boats sail, absolutely nothing to do with disregard for other river users, how about that, coming from me lol

Grace

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Labrador said:

Ha, ha, alas Grace 5,000 is no more. I've checked with the Chairman (no less) of Norwich CAMRA and the figure now is more like 770. What Hitler failed to do Watneys and latterly Tesco, McDonald's and the Co-op have done for the rest :cry

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, NorfolkNog said:

Ha, ha, alas Grace 5,000 is no more. I've checked with the Chairman (no less) of Norwich CAMRA and the figure now is more like 770. What Hitler failed to do Watneys and latterly Tesco, McDonald's and the Co-op have done for the rest :cry

Howard your forgetting the the chickens theyve taken over quite a lot

• Like 1

What's Chickens got to do with this topic may I ask? You asked for this, Charlie.......

A devout Cowboy lost his Bible while he was mending fences out on the Range. Three weeks later a chicken walked up to him carrying the Bible in it's mouth, the devout Cowboy couldn't believe his eyes. He took the precious book out of the chickens mouth, raised his eyes heavenward and exclaimed

"It's a miracle!"

"Not really" said the chicken "Your name is written inside the cover" :dance:dance

Grace

p.s As you can probably guess, I've got a bit of time on my hands today :rolleyes:

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Gracie said:

What's Chickens got to do with this topic may I ask? You asked for this, Charlie.......

Grace

p.s As you can probably guess, I've got a bit of time on my hands today :rolleyes:

Ask Col sanders his chickens took over the White Horse in TOWIE town grrrrrrrrrrrrrr at least better than plasicing a listed coaching Inn I spose. Also they taken over the Robin Hood at Bowes Attebough two that I know of

• Like 2