'rascal' Afloat

LondonRascal

I thought I'd give a heads up that I'll be about on the water from 15th April - on Belmore (not the 'TC' variant that I managed to get a little  toasty last year).

I'll be with Shiela for the first few days then just myself thereafter.

Unsure of routes, but likely will be on the northern rivers for the weekend and then heading south on Monday. Lot of filming to be done just hope for good weather :)

• Like 10

Looking forward to the "new release" Robin. Have been missing the fix this year  when not out and have  been working way through the older ones again !  Have a good time and hope no illnesses   

The time lapse you did on the Chet a while back made be mentally try to navigate Thunder at that speed and consider where the Stern was going at same time  whilst watching  it - gave me a headache :-) 

• Like 1

Mark that is because that was a 'cheat' time lapse - just footage speeded up lots so was a bit dizzy!

A real time lapse is individual photos combined to make video footage, and I was thinking about capturing the sun rise, some beautiful mist rising over the marshes, fluffy clouds passing over the wide open Norfolk sky.  Now the only question is can i get up early enough!

Ah right ok  thats my mis understanding.  On the other matter,  as Sunrise is around  five- ish from the w.end  and you,ve  managed to get up before to load the cameras and wire the boat for the live blogs at this time ..  and still get from Womack to Bramerton I,m sure you can do it again for this innovation. Besides Shiela wont, so its down to you !.  Think of your public   Robin  we expect now :-)

Have a great few days, looking forward to viewing the finished product regardless . 

• Like 1

On 13 April 2016 at 3:19 PM, LondonRascal said:

Mark that is because that was a 'cheat' time lapse - just footage speeded up lots so was a bit dizzy!

A real time lapse is individual photos combined to make video footage, and I was thinking about capturing the sun rise, some beautiful mist rising over the marshes, fluffy clouds passing over the wide open Norfolk sky.  Now the only question is can i get up early enough!

Where did you moor last night robin 

@1Drab1: Last night was at Acle, outside the Bridge Inn - in fact a rather eventful mooring as about 20 or so minutes after arriving and sat talking to Shiela I heard at the back out our boat an unusually large splash - I got up looked out the rear glass doors on the boat to see nothing then more splashing so opened the doors walked out and see a mans head just above water between our stern and that of the boat (he had slipped off).  No shouting for hep etc, then (I presume) his mother came out a lady in her sixites I would guess, and was in total shock - by now I was off the boat and on theirs grabbing his right arm as he tried to scramble on while she took hold of his left arm.  It took all our strength to hoist him back on the boat as he had fallen in with a heavy jacket.

It all happened within about a minute and instinct took over.  Thank goodness he was sheltered between the boats and there was no current running at the time but thankfully all ended well and we had a drink and chat in the pub after.

@Broads01: I have plans to hire several more times - perhaps not this year, but if nothing else because I am curious about some boats I have yet to hire and also rather like the whole process of hiring still so, I really had not given it much thought and I am pretty sure if I had a boat that was soley mine I would still want the odd hire boat.

• Like 10

9 hours ago, LondonRascal said:

@Broads01: I have plans to hire several more times - perhaps not this year, but if nothing else because I am curious about some boats I have yet to hire and also rather like the whole process of hiring still so, I really had not given it much thought and I am pretty sure if I had a boat that was soley mine I would still want the odd hire boat.

Fully agree with that,  its  always nice to be able to try other  style of boats and also if just going for a short break then the  ability to start from  a different location North or South.    

7 minutes ago, stumpy said:

Thank you so much for that Iain - I now have a mindworm of Robin running along a beach in slo-mo wearing red speedos!!!

Don't blame me:norty: ....blame SWMBO :bow she said he was called The Hoff! :naughty:

cheersIain

p.s. Perhaps Robin will wear said outfit at the Spring Meet....Our VERY OWN Lifeguard! :clap:party:

18 hours ago, LondonRascal said:

@1Drab1: Last night was at Acle, outside the Bridge Inn - in fact a rather eventful mooring as about 20 or so minutes after arriving and sat talking to Shiela I heard at the back out our boat an unusually large splash - I got up looked out the rear glass doors on the boat to see nothing then more splashing so opened the doors walked out and see a mans head just above water between our stern and that of the boat (he had slipped off).  No shouting for hep etc, then (I presume) his mother came out a lady in her sixites I would guess, and was in total shock - by now I was off the boat and on theirs grabbing his right arm as he tried to scramble on while she took hold of his left arm.  It took all our strength to hoist him back on the boat as he had fallen in with a heavy jacket.

It all happened within about a minute and instinct took over.  Thank goodness he was sheltered between the boats and there was no current running at the time but thankfully all ended well and we had a drink and chat in the pub after.

Good work Rob look forward to watching your adventures take care pal I'm sure our paths will cross at some point and we'll have a few pints

drabs 

never a dull moment a ,good job you herd him fall in, glad your still hiring , its good to see differant boats and the reviews you do on them ,just had  an idea what about top gear for boats you could host it,only kidding see you at the meet not long now.

19 hours ago, LondonRascal said:

Well done Robin..

Well done, Robin. It's a surprise two of you managed to get him out. It took three men to get Rene out when she went in a few years back. Until you've tried it you can't believe how difficult it is. Adrenaline can have a dramatic effect on strength. Good job you were on hand.