PETITE GEM, Richardsons

I have never done a boat review before.

But after hiring Petite Gem, from Richardsons of Stalham, I thought I had to.

All of the info given is my own personal views.

Where to start, Petite Gem, as the name says a real LITTLE DIAMOND of a boat.

She is in the cheaper price bracket and sleeps 2, but the storage space is unbelievable.

The layout is good, visability perfect, and with the sliding roof/sides perfect in my opionion for the nice sunny weather we had and also the rain.

It has a seperate shower and toilet, which is fantastic, you can have a real shower without having to avoid getting the loo roll wet :o

Mooring is no problem as you can see throught the back door for stern on, and even though no front door, there are steps up the port side to exit through the side when open. Even when not open, this is no problem as the walkways are quite wide.

The cabin is at the rear, the only thing about the bed is that about a foot of it is under the walkway, but after one night you get used to not trying to sit straight up and bang your head.

The galley has everything you need, a small fridge, two ring hob, grill an oven.

The salon, has a pull out table, better in my mind than one that folds away. The table can be pulled out a short way, so that you can use it while under way.

All in all a fantastic little, easy to handle boat.

But my favourite thing about Petite Gem was the wheel, only small, but it looked how a boats wheel should (see pics)

looking forward, I love that wheel

post-360-136713562662_thumb.jpg

looking aft

post-360-136713562704_thumb.jpg

The door at the rear is the cabin, the door in the middle is the toilet, and the door to the left of the pic is the shower.

post-360-136713562726_thumb.jpg

Well that is my thought of Petite Gem.

I LIKE IT

Whatho Geoff

Great news you were impressed, because as you know I am out on one of her sisters later in the year.

I too was attracted by her good value, and also that the Safari25 is a bit of a tardis inside, a testament to they're great design & use of space.

Roll on October! cheersbar

Dan

• 3 months later...