offshore cruisers

Build currently or have built over time? Craig's database is a very good guide to those that have been in use on the Broads but in particular with Fairline and Sunseeker you will not see a lot of what they are producing now as they've scaled up fairly considerably.

When people think of British built offshore cruisers the names that mostly come up are Broom, Hardy, Fairline, Princess and Sunseeker, though obviously there are others. If you widen that international builds it becomes a very much longer list (Azzimut, Beneteau and so on).

If you check out each of their websites the models are all listed Clive, some also have historical listings. Another way is to buy a copy of Motor Boats Monthly, every issue has a list of all models available in UK listed by manufacturer along with prces.

Hi Simon,

Thats it, all of those names and a brief description of each model, I would like to see it back to the late 70s probably limited to european manufacturers who have built at least 20 boats i suppose.

I will have another look and see what is out there.......

cheers David,

I will have a go at that, I was hoping that someone had already done it and made list!

Thanks..

Hi Clive

Fairline

Seamaster

Princess

Jeanneau

Sunseeker

Gobbi

Sealine

Broom

Regal

Storebro

Maxum

Chaparral

Bayliner

Crownline

Larson

Rinker

Hardy

Searay

Beneteau

Birchwood

Ferretti

Westwood

Sheerline

Senior

Shetland

Neptune

Nimbus

Aqua star

Haines

Bavaria

Grandbank

Doral

Colvic

Rodman

Larson

Cigarette

Silverton

Vikki

Cleopatra

Pedro

Powles

Monterey

Coronet

Nord West

RLM

Freeman

Caver

Fjord

Spirit

Cruiser International

Aqua Bell

Boston

Viking

Sterling

Chriscraft

thank should be enough for you :grin::grin:

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

I'll see your Seamaster (because I am not aware that any of their boats were offshore) and raise you Elysian because I think some of theirs were. And you can only have Rinker the once. ;)

you picky lot :lol::lol::lol:

I'll see your Seamaster (because I am not aware that any of their boats were offshore)

Simon seamaster do make offshore cruisers you have the 950 & the 30 the seamaster 30 may not have big engines but they shure are capable of going to sea.

and raise you Elysian because I think some of theirs were. And you can only have Rinker the once. ;)

if you want to be picky then i have neva know an elysian to be able to go to sea other than the Madeira which have twin diesels yet again may not be powerful but able to go to sea.

the Madeira is what you were thinking of wasn't it :P:P:P

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice:grin:

cheers Jonny,

thats a very good start, could you add a list of models next to each make with a picture and short description :lol::)

are you adding some seagoers to your fleet Clive???

Jonny ice sliceice sliceice slice

I have pictures of Superior gem 5 off the coast of yarmouth, so should we add Aquafibre?

also depending on how early I meant by late 70s then Horizon craft built 3 or 4 different models but they dont really need to go on the list.

Hi Jupes,

We are not building an offshore boat but although it is not common knowlege it is no secret that we are having a new boat (or two) designed.

35' and 45' centre cockpit,

6' headroom throughout,

should pass Potter at 6'6'' (but we will have to see about that)

Sexy boat (IMHO) :cool:

although the drawings are not finished yet we should have one on the river about this time next year.

we will get up and running with the 45' first then think about single level boats and a Sedan (the sedan will look a real cracker)

Thanks Clive. Sounds good and what I think, in my humble opinion, is needed to attract a differing clientele..... please don't anyone shoot me down in flames two guns. Will also fit with the Norfolk expansion plans.... again shoot me later!

If you want help from a woman's perspective with interior design let me know ;). Cos, I am very, very good at fitting an awful lot into a very small space and making it look bl**dy sexy too :lol: and would love to help. :bow

Lets face it women wear the trousers most of the time ;) especially when they are director of spend...... and there has got to be sexier ways of fitting out a broads cruiser than what is currently available without sacrificing the hard wearing necessities, no offence intended.

Lets face it women wear the trousers most of the time ;) especially when they are director of spend...... and there has got to be sexier ways of fitting out a broads cruiser than what is currently available without sacrificing the hard wearing necessities, no offence intended.

Jupes,

you missed a vital word out there, (hireboat) there will of course be different specs for private ownership, but we will be building boats to last 20 years with us as we always do.

I may let you help with choosing the curtains ;):naughty::lol:

Jupes,

you missed a vital word out there, (hireboat) there will of course be different specs for private ownership, but we will be building boats to last 20 years with us as we always do.

I may let you help with choosing the curtains ;):naughty::lol:

I may have missed the word 'hireboat', however the sentiments are as they stand and durability as I stated is clearly a necessity.

PICK THE CURTAINS :shocked

Clive.... blonde bimbo..... I don't think so.....!! two gunstwo guns;)

Durability is definitely key, the problem is some of the more plush coverings are less durable, however, there are lots of new products and methods which we intend on useing.

Jupes,

I never called you a Blonde bimbo, I imagined you to have dark hair :lol::lol:

anyway, I have drifted and will start a new thread when there is a picture or two to post.

Has anyone found a website of those offshore cruisers yet? :)

Exciting news Clive

Good to hear that by the sound of it the first of the new boats will be ready to hire for next years peak season?

Nice to see some new boats being designed with low air drafts in addition to the mass of new designs that have been quite tall cheersbar

All the best

Dan

P.S I picked up some smart curtain material off ebay! ;)

Hi Clive,

I am no good at designing interiors or picking curtains.

BUT

If you need your new boats testing in a holiday situation, I can offer my services to try them out for you. I could even do it for free, :naughty:

Thus saving you loads of money.

I will let you know the dates I am available later.

:Stinky