Ignition Switch

:cry Right I need to change the ignition switch on my boat, But I can't get the Bleeping thing off,,it's four position and has a little wing type thing that the key sits in, I managed to loosen the locking ring, but I just can't work out how to get the winged thing off, it dosn't have any little grub screws of any visible mean of staying on, so unless I can get it off I can't change the switch, any Ideas anyone,,, :(

Mowjo try looking at the side of the barrel and see if there is a very small hole that you could get a bradhawl or pin in . If so insert pin and push, there should be a spring type resistance, you should then be able to pull apart. That's how mine was anyway, if it doesn't work I apologise, cheers

:grin: Thanks Folks! Problem solved, screwdriver either side and it just popped out with the barrel, only problem now is I got the wrong replacement switch, it's a four postion one on the boat, stop, aux, heat and heat start, I bought a new four position one thinking it was the same but the four terminals on the back of the new one are different so I'm stuck with the old one for now,,

Frank,,,

Mowjo, If you forced it off you may find you have broken the pin inside the barrel and it wont stay in on its own now and when you pull the key out it could bring the barrel with it so just be aware and dont pull it out and drop it overboard, (experiance) ;)

I was in the shed at the time so at least I wasn't in the middle of Barton Broad :oops: Good to see you and Col yesterday Rod, annoying part was I had been parked up along the staithe all afternoon and didn't realize you were there :(