England

Gracie

As  some of you know, my family and me are huge footie fans. Family will be gathering at mine tonight, wearing England shirts, beer, wine and food will be consumed, then, whether we win or lose, the arm chair experts, as in Dad, brothers and brothers in law will put the football world to rights, be very vocal as to how it should have been done and the Ref, well the Ref should be hung or given a medal which will depend on if he made the right decisions or not. With the World cup, it only happens every two years and for absolute certainty we won't be in it for long but what a fantastic opportunity to bring family together for an excuse to have a beer (not that there's any need for excuses lol) and a ruddy good laugh

COME ON ENGLAND :trophy

Grace

p.s The footballers don't look bad either :naughty:

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Gracie said:

As  some of you know, my family and me are huge footie fans. Family will be gathering at mine tonight, wearing England shirts, beer, wine and food will be consumed, then, whether we win or lose, the arm chair experts, as in Dad, brothers and brothers in law will put the football world to rights, be very vocal as to how it should have been done and the Ref, well the Ref should be hung or given a medal which will depend on if he made the right decisions or not. With the World cup, it only happens every two years and for absolute certainty we won't be in it for long but what a fantastic opportunity to bring family together for an excuse to have a beer (not that there's any need for excuses lol) and a ruddy good laugh

COME ON ENGLAND :trophy

Grace

p.s The footballers don't look bad either :naughty:

Most, if not all, up here, Grace, will be.... Russian to the telly to watch the match ! :naughty:

You see, they like our National Bard, so best support them! :dance Enjoy the game!

cheersIain

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, JennyMorgan said:

Pictures of In-ger-land supporters' disgraceful behaviour in France is really putting me off football!

I am not often known for sticking up for English football supporters, but from the little I have seen its the Russians who appear to be the instigators here.   People who cause trouble at these festivals really are the scum of society.

• Like 2

Add to that the fact that Marseille is not a city I would choose to go for my holidays! It is a really rough port run by gangs and gangsters who the Krays would run awy from!

And I suspect there is a lot of truth in what you say Wonderwall. More a case of both the Russian and French local roughs going on a "wind up, provoks and attack the England supporters" romp. Sadly the image of previous England "fans" still prevails!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Pictures of In-ger-land supporters' disgraceful behaviour in France is really putting me off football!

Russian, and for that matter the old eastern block ,,football violence is in its prime just now. 

I am no shrinking violet who has lived a shelter life. Far from it, but I have always been bemused by the pleasure some seem to get from kicking someone in the head. The human race can continually surprise me with its crass obsession with violence. The working class choose football to show it, the higher class choose wars. It's depressing. 

• Like 1

As soon as I saw the match was being played in Marseille, I feared the worse, as already said, not a place for a quiet weekend, never mind an international match there. On Sky News you saw some poor sod being hit over the head with a chair ! Shocking stuff. What is really sad, is, we are typing about the violence, and not the game, which England deserved to win ,but didn't, thanks to a looping last minute header.

I now expect a lot of sickies for Thursday afternoon! Could be one hellova game. 

To get back to Gracie's original post, I hope you and the family still had a guid night watching the match !:wave

cheersIain

• Like 2

We had a brilliant night, thank you Iain.

There is no excuse for such appalling behaviour we witnessed by the England and Russian fans but why is everyone so quick to blame the England fans, it looked pretty much like it was as much to do with the Russians, The people involved in the fights are as much footie fans as I am Marylin Monroe, these people turn up for one thing only and that is to cause trouble.

You are so right Iain, here we are talking about the violence and not the game, I guess the thugs have achieved their goal even if England didn't

On a lighter note, we had a lovely night, we watched Wales and then England, at half time had hot dogs and pizza and then everyone off home, a few sore heads this morning though :wasted:

They may be over paid prima donna's but I will continue to support the England squad the problem I have is if I see much more of Giroud I could well become a supporter of the French and what is known as a groupie :naughty:

Grace

• Like 4

We accidentally watched the match...happening to switch the TV on just as it started. :hardhat:

From my hugely informed point of view, England looked competent and much slicker than I have seen in recent sorry spectacles. Hopefully they will do well.

As for the yahoos, well they ran into very nasty opposition in the form of Marseilles bruisers and, it turns out Russian thugs supported by their media. Do I feel sorry for the twits who planned to fight, no. Do I fell sorry for anyone caught up? Yes indeed.

Its a worrying question from a security viewpoint that  flares and gunpowder apparently got through the gates of the stadium.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Poppy said:

UEFA have charged Russia for fan violence  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36510550

How much better would the World be if sports 'fans' reacted with such violence to corruption, lies and cheating by politicians in stead ?

Blinking 'eck, Poppy, fans would be reacting for months on end if they were to have a go over all the lies from certain unmentionable political leaders in regard to that forthcoming event of great national importance! 

• Like 1

I stick to rugby. Union or league much more gentile. And the fans are such nice people.

Never played football as both my schools were rugby schools, don't understand the finer points of football so don't watch it. 

Certainly don't understand why it attracts such violence. Unless it is fueled by alcohol.