England

Gracie

2 hours ago, JennyMorgan said:

Oh dear, why ever didn't England just get it over & done with by loosing?

Because England are going far this time.......................... Wonders why a monority of English people are so unpatriotic when it comes to football?????

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Bound2Please said:

Because England are going far this time.......................... Wonders why a monority of English people are so unpatriotic when it comes to football?????

Just being realistic;)

Being serious for a moment, am not too keen on the appalling behaviour of some supporters, not something that as a patriotic Briton I really wish to be associated with. Regretfully the behaviour of some Brits abroad can be quite embarrassing for many of us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JennyMorgan said:

Just being realistic;)

Being serious for a moment, am not too keen on the appalling behaviour of some supporters, not something that as a patriotic Briton I really wish to be associated with. Regretfully the behaviour of some Brits abroad can be quite embarrassing for many of us.

Lets not  kid ourselves here. The behaviour of many fans at football tournaments is abhorrent. The behaviour of many nationalities abroad on holiday is like wise. 

But for every bad mannered Brit, Russian, German, swede, etc I have met , I have always come across more who are no different to myself, law abiding , respectful, polite and friendly. I have followed my football team , club and country , abroad a few times and 90% of the time I have had fabulous experiences . It's really no different than real life .

i have even come across some boat owners on the broads who are down right rude and ignorant. Most however are friendly and polite. 

All the best 

Neil 

• Like 6

Very fair comment, Neil, but please note that I did write 'some supporters' and 'some Brits'. We have just had the very real pleasure of a young Russian lady staying with us, a friend of one of my daughters. She was also clearly not impressed with the behaviour of some Russian footy fans in France. Regretfully football does seem to bring out the worst in some people.

If England win tonight (which they will) they win their group...... bring it to on....... what do you reckon on the score Charlie? I'm hopeing for a 2-0 win to us, if I'm right, I win a tenner off my Dad :naughty:

Come on England :trophy

Grace

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gracie said:

If England win tonight (which they will) they win their group...... bring it to on....... what do you reckon on the score Charlie? I'm hopeing for a 2-0 win to us, if I'm right, I win a tenner off my Dad :naughty:

Come on England :trophy

Grace

Think your right there darlin 2 - 0 to England..... Jaws has talked the wench into having her own Id on here oh eeeeck 2 women who like shoes n handbacks and the odd glass of wine oh eeeexk darlin

Charlie

• Like 2

I thought I saw a user with the name of Wench on yesterday, you had better behave yourself now Charlie :facepalm:Please tell Inge a very warm welcome aboard from me, we will have to start a thread on shoes, handbags and wine, I reckon everyone will love it :naughty:

Nice to have you on board, Inge :wave

Grace

p.s Nice one, Jaws

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gracie said:

I thought I saw a user with the name of Wench on yesterday, you had better behave yourself now Charlie :facepalm:Please tell Inge a very warm welcome aboard from me, we will have to start a thread on shoes, handbags and wine, I reckon everyone will love it :naughty:

Grace

p.s Nice one, Jaws

When i went to bed darlin she was still awaiting an email from mods so she could join !

Charlie

PS no not shoessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gracie said:

we will have to start a thread on shoes, handbags and wine, I reckon everyone will love it :naughty:

Grace

p.s Nice one, Jaws

you think , im up for that . That will send the old men to sleep yawns

lol

Donnygeoff,  Here's how she explained it to me .

"You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have. The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eying them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses. It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes. The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma. She prepares to throw her purse to you. If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk around the other shopper and buy the shoes! At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes! But, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!"  :naughty:

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Poppy said:

"You're in a shoe shop, second in the queue for the till. Behind the shop assistant on the till is a pair of shoes which you have seen and which you must have. The female shopper in front of you has seen them also and is eying them with desire. Both of you have forgotten your purses. It would be rude to push in front of the first woman if you had no money to pay for the shoes. The shop assistant remains at the till waiting.

Your friend is trying on another pair of shoes at the back of the shop and sees your dilemma. She prepares to throw her purse to you. If she does so, you can catch the purse, then walk around the other shopper and buy the shoes! At a pinch she could throw the purse ahead of the other shopper and "whilst it is in flight" you could nip around the other shopper, catch the purse and buy the shoes! But, you must always remember that until the purse has "actually been thrown", it would be plain wrong for you to be in front of the other shopper and you would be OFFSIDE!"  :naughty:

Does it work the same way with beer at the bar? :naughty:

• Like 3

Did we forget our scoring boots......

All the (useless) stats are in our favour

66% possession

4 corners against 0

4 attempts against 0

And I suppose at the minute the only important stat is the score, still in our favour

0-0

CAN I SAY 2 NIL INSTEAD OF 4 NOW

And can I have my money back on the 4 -0 score.

cheersbar

On 14/06/2016 at 10:58 AM, smellyloo said:

So much sport has now sold it's soul to satelite pay to view that when the terrestial TV companies can lay their hands on real sport they do tend to overindulge in the frothy delight of continuous broadcasting.

Quite why the lesser matches (anything not involving England & Norwich city( aka Ireland)) are broadcast on the mainstream chanels is beyond me ..... there are many less loved channels that could accomodate these games .... and maybe even the red button?

Obviously you HAVE`NT seen British Superbikes, or World Superbikes on Quest,  FREEVIEW channell 37, and +1 channell 38?.  REAL  sport, by REAL sportsmen.

3 hours ago, Poppy said:

But, while you are waiting for your friend to realise you need her purse, the shop assistant gets fed up of waiting and decides to leave the till and put a pair of shoes straight on a rack in the middle of the shop, you must then hope your friend has noticed this and waits for the friend of the female shopper in front of you to go to her and start to get her own purse out for her. At this time your friend can throw the purse, you can catch it, push in front of the two other shoppers ( you must have two people between you and the till, one does not have to be the teller) at this time the shop assistant will be on her way back to the till at speed, and you can get the shoes........

Or JUST BUY THEM ONLINE

cheersbar

• Like 1

A typical England football analasys

England always second to the ball, always giving the ball to the opposition, always playing for a draw, but if you do get a goal in the first 5 minutes, defend a 1-0 lead for the remaining 85 minutes, and don`t forget, England invented the game, so we only have to turn up to win. Who said anything ridiculous about actually PLAYING to win?.

Synical or what?.

• Like 2